Senior Category Manager - Nonchocolate
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Senior Category Manager - Nonchocolate, will be responsible for developing Ferrero’s category growth strategy for the Nonchocolate category. This position is responsible for driving both sales and margin for all products within their assigned categories. They will also be responsible for creating category based selling arguments to build the equity leadership of Ferrero brands within the U.S. marketplace. The position will be based in our US Headquarters in Parsippany, NJ, and report to the VP of Category Management.
- Develop, maintain, expand, and communicate Ferrero’s strategy on how to grow the Nonchocolate category, focusing on Distribution, Merchandising, Shelving, and Pricing (DSMP) fundamentals
- Collaborate with the Consumer Shopper Understanding team to build the foundation of the category growth strategy in consumer and shopper insights
- Translate Category Management annual & long-term priorities to actionable sales stories & initiatives
- Work collaboratively with Field Sales, Trade Marketing, and Customer Marketing to develop recommendations for aligned KPIs and ensure process integrity each session
- Responsible for the preparation of generic planogram strategy at channel level, with guidelines for product placement on shelves, for the Nonchocolate category
- Responsible to provide guidelines on display execution of products
- Provide category input during JBP process; support execution against strategic initiatives and commitments at key accounts in category
- Work collaboratively to develop innovative and insightful content to drive category growth
- Assist Field Sales in developing medium and long-term business opportunities at accounts in assigned category
- Develop category based selling stories for new product launches through commercial planning process
- Manage and maximize use & output of syndicated research resources, shopper insights platforms, category management teams, research projects in support of the sales organization and ensure linkage with the category management plan
- Partner with Consumer Insights peers to manage “one version of the truth” across sales & marketing
- Monitor and analyze category, competition and consumer market data to identify business opportunities and develop new category development plans
- Interact with cross-functional team members from different departments and levels of the organization, gaining exposure, awareness of other functions, and experience collaborating
- Engage directly with C-level and regional board members, building executive presence and influencing skills
- Demonstrate leadership skills and develop your team members, as you work towards senior level advancement opportunities
- Participate in Ferrero & CatMan specific trainings to sharpen your skills and prepare for advancement opportunities within the CatMan team
- Formal and informal mentorships with stakeholders for Sales, Trade Marketing, Brand, and Consumer & Shopper Understanding
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business/marketing discipline required; MBA a plus
- 8+ years of relevant experience required, CPG Foods experience is preferred
- Prior Category Management role required; Additional insights experience preferred
- Past customer facing sales or category management experience required
- Past trade marketing experience preferred
- Syndicated data required; IRI preferred but not mandatory
- Interpersonal skills to interface effectively with the necessary internal and external stakeholders, building solid relationships and achieving brand sales goals
- Strategic and proactive thinking to develop category strategies and translate them into distribution, shelving, pricing and merchandising objectives
- Data analysis skills to monitor key accounts' performance in category and develop strategies to close gaps, increase sales, etc.
- Solid MS Office skills, especially Excel & PowerPoint, and Storytelling capabilities to translate data & insights into selling narratives
- Management presentation competencies to effectively present key category insights in front of internal and external stakeholders
- Candidates should possess strong collaborative capabilities, high integrity & ethics, and operate daily with the company's values in mind
- Experience managing a team to deliver results
- Line manager experience providing career development for team members
- Global mindset; desire to build a successful career with a growing global company
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Trade class and industry knowledge
- 25% Travel required for customer meetings and industry events
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero U.S.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.