Sea Freight Buyer
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our HQs in Luxembourg we are looking for a Supply Chain Procurement Buyer (Sea Freight).
The role has the objective of scouting, negotiating and contracting services for a particular category.
- Support in keeping SAP up to date with prices, suppliers, routes in line with business need.
- Supports Category Managers in the negotiation of services and in the definition of contracts
- Applies and implements purchasing policies, vendor management and developing policies, based on technical, organizational, economical and international financial knowledge, to reach the best possible results according to Group requirements in terms of timing and flexibility
- Ensures purchase orders management, looks for Request for Proposals from vendors, proposing qualified and suitable alternatives
- Maintains, consolidates and improves relationships with existing suppliers, to ensure continuity, manage criticalities and strengthen common objectives
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Engineering, Finance or Mathematics, Master's Degree will be a plus
- Previous experiences in forwarding companies with customs/sea freight related activities is preferred
- Generic professional experience in Logistics is “nice to have”
- Analytical mindset;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong reporting skills;
- Knowledge of sourcing methodologies;
- Enthusiasm and commitment to excellence with a result-oriented approach;
- Fast learner who rapidly moves up the learning curve and wants to continue to take over new responsibilities;
- Ethical and strong personal values;
- Willing to work within/with an international environment.
IT SKILLS and LANGUAGES
- Familiar with SAP
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, more specifically in using Excel and Power Point
- Fluent in English. Italian is a plus (together with any other EU language)
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.