Sampling Technician - 2nd Shift
Job Location: Bloomington
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
About the Role:
As a Sampling Technician, you will perform quality sampling of all incoming raw and packaging materials using established guidelines. If any quality related issues arise with incoming materials, you will ensure the mitigation of the issues to support high quality finished and semi-finished goods.
- Daily sampling of incoming raw and packaging materials for sample analysis
- Taste test (organoleptic) raw materials, semi-finished and finished products as requested
- General analysis of incoming material inspection and recording of results
- Inspect all delivered raw & packaging materials for defects and damage as required in the Ferrero Quality requirement and escalate all issues to supervisor
- Inspect and sample any damaged raw and packaging materials as requested by production, warehouse, and other departments as part of risk assessments of non-conforming materials
- Deliver samples to the Incoming, Microbiological, Chemical, and Packaging Labs as required
- Provide correct and accurate quality reports
- All other duties as assigned by Lab Supervisor or Lab Manager
Who we are looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience on a production floor
- Experience conducting tests and inspections of products or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximining the effective manufacturing/distribution of goods
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.