Sales Director - Sam's Club
Job Location: Bentonville, Arkansas
Ferrero USA operates on a hybrid model with 2 days working from home/3 days working in the office.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Director of Sales - Sam’s Club, will report to the Walmart/Sam’s Club Channel Leader based in the Bentonville, AR. This role will have a combination of National Account Manager responsibilities and manage the overall Sam’s Club team and account.
- Meet Key Account category distribution, shelving, pricing and merchandising goals
- Own relationship with Sam’s Club category buyers; execute formalized, value-added engagement plan with established feedback loop to act on customer input
- Manage price-point vs. objectives and promotions
- Develop and execute promotional plans at Sam's Club in category; conduct post-promotional analysis (ROI)
- Meet Sam’s Club category revenue, volume, growth, profit and share targets; work to set targets
- Develop accurate SKU-level forecasts each month based on expected demand, seasons, promotions
- Provide monthly and year-out forecasts; own forecast accuracy for Sam's Club with feedback loop when forecasts are not correct
- Provide category input during JBP process; support execution against strategic initiatives and commitments at Sam’s Club in category; Identify strategic sales opportunities
- Use trade judiciously to drive demand
- Identify medium and long-term business opportunities at Sam’s Club in category
- Work collaboratively to develop innovative and insightful content to drive category growth
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, MBA is a plus
- At least 5 years of Sales, Account Management, Merchandising, and/or Category Management experience is required
- Experience managing Sam’s Club account as Account Manager or Customer Development Manager
- Interpersonal skills to interface effectively with the necessary stakeholders
- Strategic and proactive thinking to develop sales strategies and translate them into distribution, shelving, pricing, and merchandising achievements to close gaps and increase sales
- Strong data analytic skills to monitor, track and proactively address customer performance as well as understand contribution of Sam’s Club with respect to seasonal volume, assortment, performance and distribution, report and track accounts as a contribution to the overall Walmart Inc team
- Effective story telling competencies to present key insights in front of internal and external stakeholders
- Global mindset and desire to build a successful career with a growing global company
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.