Regional Sales Manager - Foodservice Channel
Job Location: Remote - Central US
- Central United States
- This position is remote, but preference is for the role to be based in Chicago, Kansas City, Minneapolis or St. Louis.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Foodservice Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will report to the VP of Sales, Foodservice and will work on day-to-day Broker Management within the specified Foodservice Channel. This person will undertake VP level engagement across the core Customer & Broker base as well as serve as the “Commercial” subject matter expert for respective Account portfolio. The RSM will develop sales account strategies and translate them into distribution, shelving, merchandising and pricing (DSMP) objectives aligned to go-to-market plans and budgets. The RSM will support key cross-functional internal relationships, including Category Management, Trade Marketing, Sales Operations and Sales Forecasting. The customer set will include a group of retailers and distributors located in the Central part of the US.
- Delivery of Account / Regional level PS1 volume & value targets as agreed with the Broker partners
- Delivery of Monthly Trade Spend targets as agreed during the Broker GTM strategy development
- Responsible for delivering the key monthly Broker KPI’s across all distribution, shelving, merchandising and pricing (DSMP) metrics
- Monitor Broker development of effective planning and Channel sales strategies, programs, and Commercial policies
- Define and implement Account / Regional targets for Sales and profitability growth across the Customer / Broker
- Engage and manage the Broker relationships at the most Senior stakeholder levels
- Provide clear direction to Brokers and prioritization of DSMP initiatives, including evaluation of KPI’s, results and quarterly reviews
- Provide complete and timely information to brokers to support their sales efforts including trade plans, marketing plans, consumer insights, and product knowledge
- Maintain accuracy across Account level forecasting on a monthly basis
- Manage relationships with key internal stakeholders and peers including: Trade Marketing, Category Management, Sales Operations, Sales Forecasting & Channel VP’s/Directors
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA is a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of Account Management, Merchandising, and/or Category Management experience, across North America in a CPG setting
- Multi-channel CPG experience is a plus (Foodservice, C-store, Mass, Grocery, Dollar, e-Comm & Value)
- Strong communication skills with an ability to outline and reinforce the North America Regional vision / strategy
- Strategic and pro-active with interpersonal skills and an ability to influence at the most Senior stakeholder levels
- Possess a strong external (Customer) network
- Commercially astute with a strong business sense and excellent problem solving / analytical skills
- Advanced experience with Excel, Power Point, Sales Forecasting and Trade Spend Management
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.