R&D RM Specialist
Job Location: Alba
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The candidate will be part of the R&D Gum Base&Chemicals team, participating in all the activities related to scouting, technical evaluation, improvement and approval of additives, colourings and raw materials for gum base production.
- deal with several internal clients (quality, legal/regulatory/integrity, product development, marketing) as well as external clients (suppliers, M&A) managing requests for new or improved raw materials, documental evaluation/approval and samples delivery/receipment
- manage documental request, evaluation and approval flow of new raw materials
- participate to all the Committee leaded by R&D Gum Base&Chemicals team
- organize and participate in laboratory activities (lab maintenance, technical preparation, samples in/out, RMs wharehouse)
Who we are looking for:
- At least 3 years of job experience;
- Master degree in chemicals or related fields;
- Previous experience related to raw material (R&D, quality, procurement) is a plus;
- Previuos experience related to additives/colorants/gum base ingredients is a plus;
- Knowledge of raw materials management tools (SAP, Fedora, WDT) is a plus;
- Previous experience with Lab equipment is a plus;
- Microsoft office package knowledge;
- Italian and English knowledge are mandatory;
- Flexibility to move among different tasks (from documental activities, to R&D project definition, to Lab activities);
- Problem solving (to manage very urgent projects or related to M&A requests);
- Good presentation skills.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.