Quality Specialist Supervisor-Chocolate Factory
Job Location: Bloomington, IL
Job Location: Bloomington, IL
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them. This position is located in Bloomington, one of Ferrero plants in the US with 350+ employees producing many iconic products such as: Crunch, 100 Grand, Raisinets, Buncha Crunch and various co-manufactured products. The Bloomington plant is in the process of building a brand-new Chocolate Plant which will supply chocolate to multiple Ferrero production site in North America.
About the Role:
The Quality Specialist Supervisor will manage the entire production unit in all activities surrounding Quality & Food Safety Systems in the new Chocolate Plant. The Quality Specialist Supervisor is a key functional and management position in the Ferrero Quality Organization, reporting directly to the Plant Quality Manager.
- Guarantee that the production unit operates in the respect of quality standards determined by Ferrero Quality Central Department, ensuring FDA regulatory compliance.
- Generate ideas for continuous improvement and implement related actions.
- Contribute to employees’ training in order to assure the achievement of quality objectives.
- Verify that the production auto-control works properly and operate promptly to resolve possible issues.
- Ensure that outsourced activities are performed in accordance to quality standards required by the production unit.
Who we are looking for:
- Post High-School education focusing on Quality related coursework with 4-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Production Quality specifications, PRP, oPRP, CCP’s
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, manufacturing process and quality control
- Ferrero product technical knowledge (in connection with mechanical/industrial application) and technological knowledge (relating to the science of the process);
- Educational background in Food Safety/Microbiology/Food Science or related field is an asset
- Knowledge of Ferrero Quality and Food Safety processes
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and FSSC 22000
- Knowledge of FDA regulatory compliance
- Internal auditing experience
- Ability to conduct presentations and training sessions
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
- Strong communication skills in a multi-cultural environment
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.