Quality Manager, Logistics & Transportation
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Responsible for ensuring for North America a full scope of quality & freshness supervision in the Commercial Logistics area, as well as for Non-Conformity management and training. From one side, this position oversees Quality and Food Safety programs for maintaining the best quality and safe food products in the commercial logistic infrastructure (commercial warehouses, pool points, cross docks, transportation, customers’ logistic infrastructure), in alignment to Ferrero Quality Guidelines for Warehousing and Transportation. From the other side, the Commercial Logistics Quality Manager takes responsibility to drive improvement projects across the value chain to provide Ferrero products to the customer at their best freshness and quality.
• Works with SC in warehouses and transport management regarding the implementation of objectives, framework requirements, technical specifications and evaluation criteria defined by Ferrero Quality Group at commercial logistic structures. Plans and executes quality audits for commercial warehouses and pool points / cross-docks
• Develops and implements training programs for Supply chain / Sales / 3PL / Customers’ teams to familiarize them with Ferrero’s Quality Requirements for Warehousing and Transportation and build their loyalty to the brands and quality process applied in Ferrero
• Drives Do-Not-Ship policy (DNSP) development and implementation across the Region and alerts DNSP risks through monthly reporting
• Plans and executes, with involvement and support of relevant departments, traceability tests and mock recalls
• Creates and periodically reports product freshness in supply chain (Gate-in, Gate-out, Inventory Freshness & DSNP risk)
• Creates and periodically reports warehouses’ quality KPIs driving their continuous improvement and prepares/presents Monthly Letter report to Region and Group Management regarding Logistic Quality KPI and logistic projects
• Manages commercial quality logistical non-conformities escalated by the business and trains, develops and re-enforces escalation process with 3PL/Supply Chain referents
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in Quality
• Knowledge of Logistic/Distribution quality management including audit experience
• Knowledge of food safety, product quality programs, HACCP, GMP’s, Allergen issues
• Knowledge of FDA/FSMA requirement for Warehousing and transportation
• Ability to lead, influence, and manage teams with different projects’ spectrum
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.