Production Worker 1
North Canton, OH
**GET HIRED ON THE SPOT!
WALK-IN INTERVIEWS EVERY TUES-THURS 10a-3p**
Where: 5353 Lauby Rd. North Canton OH 44720
Please enter through the front doors and check in with the receptionist.
Fannie May Confections Brand was founded in Chicago in 1920. Beginning with only a handful of confections, Fannie May now produces over 100 different types of sweets and treats! Throughout the years Fannie May has developed candies that often become the center of many family and holiday traditions. Now a division of Ferrero, we are committed to growing and maintaining our staff family to align with the culture we have created for our brand.Fannie May Confections Brand was founded in Chicago in 1920. Beginning with only a handful of confections, Fannie May now produces over 100 different types of sweets and treats! Throughout the years Fannie May has developed candies that often become the center of many family and holiday traditions. Now a division of Ferrero, we are committed to growing and maintaining our staff family to align with the culture we have created for our brand.
Ferrero Fannie May is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero Fannie May. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
We’re looking for dedicated seasonal Line Associates to help deliver the quality that is known and loved by every Fannie May customer for over 100 years.
Rate: $14.00 per hour
Full time hours with overtime available
1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts available
- Shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shift
- 401K with company match
- Employee discount
- Line Associates may be required to operate several pieces of equipment; including shrink and flow wrappers, candy cutters, twist wrappers, boxing equipment, and box taping equipment, scales, et cetera.
- Required to perform all duties in accordance with company SOPs, GMPs, and guidelines listed in the company handbook.
- Expected to work safely, and efficiently
- Required to set up the line for production; including retrieving items from the BOM
- Responsible for line sanitation and ensuring proper clean up at the end of the shift
- Responsible for ensuring proper quality standards are maintained. Line Associates must ensure that all labels are appropriate, that all candies meet our high standards for color, size, shape, weight, gloss and decoration, that all packaged items contain the correct materials from the BOM, and that cases are filled properly.
- Participate in on-going training to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned (may be required to work in other areas as needed).
- Responsible to uphold and maintain the food safety and quality systems.
How are we protecting our employees during COVID-19?
- Staggered shifts to limit traffic
- Dedicated in and out flow to site so no overlap of people incoming and outgoing
- Cafeterias/Lunchrooms distanced to 6 ft. separation
- Barriers added where distancing is not possible
- Floor markers set up in areas where congregation can occur such as punch clock, entrance to plant and exit of plant
- All employees are asked to self-isolate and refrain from attending work if they have recently traveled, live with someone who traveled, had close contact with a positive or pending case, have symptoms or live with someone who exhibits symptoms
- Everyone entering the site is screened for fever above 100.4° F
- Signage posted in key areas such as entrances, lunchrooms, health and safety boards regarding signs and symptoms of COVID-19
Cleaning and Sanitation
Normal GMP’s such as mandatory handwashing already provide a high level of protection for workers; however, the following additional measures have been implemented:
- Increased sanitization of all high contact touch points at least 2x per shift
- Increased sanitization of lunchrooms, locker rooms and washrooms 2x per shift
- Hand sanitizer available throughout plant
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Gloves are available to all employees however it is not always required; effective handwashing practices are always preferred
- Disposable/surgical type masks are mandatory for everyone in the plant (employees, visitors and contractors)
The Location :
Located near the Akron Canton airport off Interstate 77, we are less than a 30-minute drive from Akron, Canton, Uniontown, Bolivar, Louisville, Canal Fulton, and are central to many other surrounding cities.