Production Planning Manager
Job Location: Somerset
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Responsible to create and oversee the Production and Capacity Planning function within the Somerset NJ facility, totalling 135,000+ Qli across 440+ finished goods with 2,400+ MRP codes and more than 30 production lines. The Production Planning Manager will utilize SAP/APO to create a long-term capacity plan which takes into consideration, machine, line and production capability, output and efficiency.
- Responsible for quick and appropriate reaction to any and all demand changes.
- Ensure the appropriate component quantities are available to support planned production.
- Ensure that production plans are correct, attainable and appropriately communicated.
- From a production perspective, evaluate the impacts of continued market growth and work to reduce or eliminate future capacity limitations.
- Work with the cross functional teams to improve/reduce production timelines while meeting KPI goals and reducing costs.
- Work with production management to identify root cause of production anomalies.
- Maintain and adjust capacity planning parameters as market portfolio & volumes shift.
- Act as the “specialist” in understanding the comprehensive production capabilities within the Somerset, NJ facility & assigned copackers.
- Act as an escalation point of contact for the Production Planner.
Who we are looking for:
- Intermediate level SAP experience required
- 5-7 years capacity planning experience within a production environment required
- At least 1 year managerial experience preferred
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookup) required
- Thorough understanding of production operations and material flows is required
- Prior experience working with 3PL preferred
- Ability to create standardized processes and implement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations or logistics
- Strong ability to multitask and set priorities
- Occasional travel required
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.