Production Capacity Planner
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
The Production Planner Co-Pack/Re-Pack is responsible for utilizing SAP/APO to create a long term capacity plan, taking into consideration the market request, production capabilities and efficiencies, component availability and required labor. A high level of communication and interaction with Demand Planning, Sales, Marketing, Program Management, Marketing, Deployment, Transportation, Warehousing, Purchasing, LDU/DPU, Quality, IT, Production and Copacker Management is critical to the success of the role.
This position is based in Somerset, NJ and it reports to the Production Planning Manager.
- Leads weekly operational meetings with internal and/or external production teams to discuss the current production plan, required staff, sets priorities and overcomes obstacles encountered
- Responsible for coordination of incoming bulk materials and timing of defrost to ensure quality of finished goods.
- Measures and monitors production floor output/performance and makes required scheduling changes as needed.
- Participates in cross functional meetings to align production deadlines/constraints
- Responsible for communicating to top tier suppliers to monitor output/product availability and schedule component releases to minimize 3rd party warehousing costs
- Responds to demand and supply changes in a timely and accurate manner in order to minimize production downtime and maintain efficiencies
- Works closely with sales and customer service to ensure that finished goods are available for customer orders as needed.
- Provides to the manager of the department weekly information on risk of out of stock items and delayed customer orders
- Intermediate level SAP experience required
- 3-5 years capacity planning experience within a production environment required
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookup) required
- Thorough understanding of production operations and material flows is required
- Prior experience working with 3PL preferred
- Ability to create standardized processes and implement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations or logistics
- Strong ability to multitask and set priorities
- Occasional travel required
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.