Product Technical Performance Manager
Job Location: Franklin Park
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
PTPM help to develop new products with the R&D Lab., is the owner of the industrialization of a new product working closely with plant technologist. Is responsible for the continuous improvement on the existing products working in collaboration with Lab./Purchase department/Raw material dep. Ensures the coordination and supervises the execution in the plant of new process technologies tests and new machineries potentially impacting the quality of products belonging to the Category. Support the technical department in the design on the new machineries or suggest modifications of the existing ones. Supports the Category Process Manager in ensuring the structuring of the technological and product evolution plan (new products, improvements of the existing one,…), support the local marketing developing new projects.
- Ensures the Category innovation through the development and the industrialization of new products. Works in strictly contact with the develop lab in order to figure out the correct technology to adopt for the correct industrialization of the product because knows the actual technologies present in the Ferrero’s plant.
- Ensures the Quality constant improvement (performance) of existing products, of production systems and raw materials. Insures and/or improve the correct use of the technological parameters that determinate the quality of a product. Analyzes the technological process in order to improve it and if possible, to reduce the cost. Verify the correct use the parameters of the raw materials.
- Provides technical product-process support to Group plant technologists. Help to organize trial test in strictly contact with the plant technologist. Share new processes and new technologies with the plant technologists using also dedicated IT platform.
- Coordinates the definitions of recipes for new products. Works with the responsible of the develop Lab. In order to adapt the recipe for the industrialization.
- Ensures the coordination and the supervises the execution in the plant of new process technologies tests and new machineries potentially impacting the quality of products belonging to the Category. Organize trials with the suppliers to test new technologies, share if interesting, with the marketing to give them new ideas to support the business.
- Collaborates with the competent technical bodies in the design of new machineries or modifications of the existing ones taking care that the results respect the properties of the product.
- Support the Category Process Manager in ensuring the structuring of the technological and product evolution plan for his own Category (new products, improvements to existing ones….)
Who we are looking for:
- Experience on Food Technology (processes)
- Knowledge on engineering process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of urgency to manage situations with ability to remain calm
- Knowledge on raw material characteristics
- Knowledge in problem solving
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities
- Ability to work effectively with others
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.