Plant Operations Planning Manager
Job Location: Chicago
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Plant Operations Planning Manager manages the operating planning across all brands and categories produced in our Chicago 110th plant, ensuring production program and scheduling definition, material management (both packaging & raw materials) and manpower availability. S/he directly interacts with all the planning entities (central, regional, and local) and local Supply Chain teams for the allocated production of the plant.
- Direct a team of people responsible for short- and long-term planning production while ensuring the replenishment of all packaging and raw materials for plant production
- Analyze workforce needed to run all production lines, both short and long term
- Track the plant performance from a planning standpoint including monitoring, measuring, and reporting on delivery KPI’s
- Provide root cause analysis on planning and perform corrective action
- Oversee and manage the stock levels for packaging, raw materials, bulk, and semi-finished products for production ensuring all are received accurately and on time according to plan
- Communicate with the network planning teams regarding any issues and constraints that may affect delivering production requests
- Guarantee proper stock levels ensuring no out of stock and no over stock to avoid obsoletes
- Manage the relationship and communication with suppliers as it relates to planning
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role preferably within the Food/CPG industry
- Experience in supply chain and manufacturing (plant) environment, as well as production scheduling and material management processes
- Analytical mindset, strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with all levels in the organization including senior leadership
- People management, training, and development experience
- Knowledge of SAP APO, ECC, IBP and BW and Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.