Paper Packaging Procurement Category Leader
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our HQs in Luxembourg, we are looking for a Procurement Category Leader for our Paper Packaging Procurement Department. The role has the objective to define strategies and manage budget for relative purchasing Categories according to medium and long-term Group strategies; manage the procurement activities for the Categories managed, developing, and implementing action plan to reduce total cost of ownership (+TCO). Furthermore, the role aims to improve quality level, manage, and minimize procurement as well as develop innovation on the procurement of the relative Category and capitalize supplier’ know-how. Particular attention will also be dedicated to the sustainability challenges that the category is facing: a specific project pipeline will be implemented in strong connection with internal stakeholders.
- Defines the strategy of the Paper Packaging Category, in alignment with medium and long-term Group strategies and responding to the business needs of other internal business partners.
- Monitors the introduction of new packaging, both with existing and new suppliers.
- Contributes to the optimization of the value chain, improvement initiatives and Category related innovation and sustainability projects.
- Propose and implement hedging strategies
BUDGET AND MEDIUM-TERM PLAN MANAGEMENT
- Elaborates and ensures for the Category assigned budget and medium-term plan objectives achievement respecting timing, costs and required features by the Group.
- Supervises market analysis for the Category assigned.
- Ensures the management of pre-defined procurement activities and the availability of packaging with agreed quality and SLAs/KPIs.
- Supervises spend analysis for the Category assigned to improve continuously the procurement performance.
SCOUTING & NEGOTIATION
- Supervises the analyses of the relative market, identifying suppliers that are potentially suitable for Ferrero Group requirements.
- Guarantees negotiations activities with suppliers of the Category assigned, in alignment with internal procedures and participates directly to the most important negotiations.
- Ensures the application and compliance of contracts and master agreements.
- Propose LTC implementation in coherence with the Category Strategy and Group Policies
- Contributes to the risk profile evaluation for the Category assigned.
- Monitors and reduces risk.
- Ensures the consolidation and improvement of relationships with existing suppliers, manages criticalities, and strengthens common objectives.
- Define the supplier’s monitoring performances framework of the Category assigned, looking at the results, and updates the category strategy accordingly.
- Ensures, with supporting Functions and Local structures, the knowledge management for the related Categories.
- Ensures the periodical elaboration of market report regarding the Category assigned.
- Accountable for people line management.
- Recruits, manages, motivates, coaches, and develops their own team.
Who we are looking for:
- 15/20 years of experience in Procurement.
- Previous roles in Direct procurement are mandatory, experience in Flexible, Aluminum or Paper Packaging procurement in FMCG are required
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good people management experience.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to excellence with a result-oriented approach.
- Experience in a Country or a Region as Procurement manager will be considered as a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Any other foreign language will be considered an asset.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.