Paper Category Manager
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our HQ in Luxembourg, we are looking for a Category Manager for our Packaging Procurement function. The incumbent will have to collaborate in the definition of the category strategy and manage budget for relative purchasing Category according to medium and long-term Group strategies. Manage the procurement activities for the Category of responsibility, collaborating to improve quality level, and to minimize procurement risk. Collaborate in the innovation development for the Category of responsibility and in the capitalization partner / supplier know-how.
- Collaborates with Category Leader in the definition of the strategy of the Category of responsibility, in alignment with medium and long-term Group strategies and responding to the business needs of Supply Chain / Packaging Functions
- Budget and Medium-Term Plan Management:
- Elaborates the budget and medium-term plan elaboration
- Ensures for the Category of responsibility budget and medium-term plan objectives achievement respecting timing, costs, and required features by the Group
- Manages procurement activities for the Category of responsibility, ensuring product availability with agreed quality and service levels while optimizing value for Ferrero and applying internal methodologies and procedures
- Performs spend analysis for the Category of responsibility in order to continuously improve the procurement performance
- Defines contracts that minimize TCO and meet qualitative, quantitative, timing and service level standards
- Verifies compliance of contracts and master agreements (terms, technical features, secrecy conditions, intellectual property, etc.)
- Conducts negotiation with suppliers of the Category of responsibility, in alignment with internal procedures and Ferrero Code of Business Conduct
- Ensures the competition between suppliers and subcontractors even by organizing tenders.
- Applies and implements purchasing policies, vendor management and developing policies, to reach the best possible results according to Group requirements;
- Supports purchase orders management, looks for Request for Proposals from vendors, proposing qualified and suitable alternatives;
- Analyzes, aligns and evaluates offers received, in order to select the best available alternative
- Monitors operative KPIs (service level, quality, etc.)
Risk & Knowledge Management
- Monitors and reduces risk as product availability, prices volatility, through the implementation of specific actions / plans
- Produces periodically market report regarding the relative Category, coherently with the pre-defined framework agreed with the supporting Functions
- Maintains, consolidates and improves relationships with existing suppliers, to ensure continuity, manage criticalities and strengthen common objectives
- Monitor suppliers performances of the relative Category, comparing with external and internal benchmark and using the Regional Procurement structures support, in order to identify possible corrections and involve suppliers in critical situations
Human Resources / Team Management
- Is accountable for managing people assigned, ensuring a management system based on Group values, motivation, diversity & inclusion, competence development and empowerment
- Promote the proper communication and cascading through the line managers to the teams
- Recruits, manages, motivates, coaches and develops own team
Who we are looking for:
- 4+ Year of relevant experience;
- Master's Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or other related fields;
- Previous role in a purchasing department or other related experience & Knowledge of Global Packaging market;
- Knowledge of principal manufacturing and sustainability processes will be considered a plus;
- Enthusiasm and commitment to excellence with a result-oriented approach;
- Ethical and strong personal values.
- Analytical mindset & strong negotiation skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus;
- Proficiency in MS Office skills Advanced in Excel;
- Knowledge of SAP ERP;
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.