Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
FERRERO U.S.A., a leading global confectionery manufacturer with a strong record of innovations and a great reputation for quality products has an opportunity for a packaging engineer in our operational organization. This role reports to the Operations Manager.
The role is responsible for assisting in the management of the product package development projects including transforming marketing packaging programs into cost-effective, innovative industrialized mass-produced finished goods – this will be accomplished with close collaboration with Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing. It also includes coordinating ship testing, preparation and monitoring of production cycles, developing specifications, improving efficiencies, working with Procurement, and developing monthly reports. This role will recommend and implement strategies to improve product packaging line efficiency (e.g. automation opportunities). This position will also be responsible for supporting manufacturing operations to problem-solve any issues on production lines, drive efficiencies, and support cost savings initiatives.
- Collaborate with suppliers/designers to develop packaging design briefs into prototypes
- Convert marketing team packaging proposals into an operational process on the production line
- Work with production and the quality control teams in implementing new products on the shop floor
- Test, qualify and validate new packaging, processes, machinery/lines, and suppliers.
- Prepare production cycles and obtain feedback on process improvements
- Explore and implement opportunities for increasing production line efficiency. Prepare CAPEX proposal and ROI analysis.
- Define sales specifications for marketing and sales teams
- Document package development via technical sheets, die line drawings, project cost sheets, SAP material master, and SAP Bills of Materials.
- Optimize pallets through analysis in order to improve warehouse saturation and transport
- Partner with purchasing and the warehouse teams to optimize packaging resources and inventories
- Deal directly with purchasing on new item creation and vendor setup
- Evaluating operational processes for optimization
Who we are looking for:
- 1-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- Knowledge of ISTA and ASTM packaging test methods
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, AutoCAD (ArtioCAD, Solidworks), CAPE or TOPS
- Strong background in developing KPI’s
- Capable to carry over assignments with autonomy
- Strong Analytical skills and open minded
- Thorough understanding and analysis of cost/benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Science/Mechanical Engineering or related or higher required
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.