Packaging Material Quality Auditor
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Packaging Material Auditor is responsible for ensuring that Ferrero North American suppliers follow Ferrero’s and area requirements. This role will audit supplier manufacturing sites, assess quality and food safety documentation in support of Ferrero North America manufacturing plants. This role will also conduct packaging material and supplier risk assessments in conjunction with the supplier approval activity. This role reports to the Director of Packaging Material Quality for North America and work in close collaboration with the Central Packaging Material Quality team in Luxembourg head office. This position is located in Brantford, Ontario.
- Ensure that supplier documentation is complete and current in our database
- Assess the content and relevance of quality/food safety documentation from suppliers
- Manage and organize audit schedule with suppliers
- Auditing packaging material suppliers for Ferrero North America manufacturing plants and co-manufacturers following Ferrero auditing standards
- Complete packaging material / supplier risk assessment and verify compliance with Ferrero standard and local regulatory standards
- Make recommendation to the Director of PM Quality regarding approval of packaging materials / suppliers
- Corrective Actions, Preventive Actions management. Recommend improvements to Ferrero packaging suppliers.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Packaging related field
- 8+ years experience in Quality, food industry
- Experience with packaging material quality management and auditing suppliers
- Knowledge of GFSI standards (mandatory), ISO 9001 (a plus)
- PCQI certification mandatory
- Lead auditor experience preferred
- Knowledge of FSMA and packaging material supplier risk assessment
- Experience in audit report writing
- This role requires 60%-70% travel in North America (Canada & US).
- Able to interact professionally internally and externally in a multi-cultural environment and at different professional levels
- Experience with SAP, MS Office, Statistical Sampling
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.