Open Innovation Biotech & Agritech Stream Leader
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our Ferrero Headquarters we are currently looking for an Open Innovation Stream Leader to drive all worldwide open innovation activities of the Company Open Innovation Science within the Biotech & Agri Innovation Stream. The position will report to the Head of Open Innovation and coordinate the local scientists present in the Innovation HUBs. As successful candidate you will be responsible for ensuring the identification of potential opportunities to be developed according to agreed guidelines and strategies. And you shall also ensure the projects development and implementation for the stream of reference and for the effective involvement of all key stakeholders.
IDENTIFICATION OF KEY INITIATIVES
In this role you will support the Head of Open Innovation Science to define the key initiatives and projects, based on the agreed guidelines and strategies.
You will be responsible to defines the strategic roadmap, the priorities and hub-specific initiatives with the Head of OIS and OI Hub Leader.
Based on the identifies initiatives you will prepares detailed action plan and involves CEO functions as key sponsors of the identified initiatives.
OPPORTUNITIES AND PROJECTS DEVELOPMENT
You will support the local scientist to explore potential opportunities, new suppliers or technologies.
Ensure for the different projects the preliminary evaluation of solution on product/pack before carrying out the full evaluation, leveraging on existing capabilities in Ferrero (Strategic R&D vs. CEO functions).
• Ensure that all initiatives for the stream of reference have an opportunity plan associated, preparing with the Local Scientist the preliminary opportunity plan and checks the related applicability (including legal and regulatory constraints)
• Prepares the full business plan of the project, supported by OIS Strategist for the final preparation, by integrating Strategic Value of technology and leveraging functions contributes
• Takes part in Strategic R&D governance mechanisms to discuss the update of key initiatives and projects and support in the gate-approval process by providing all necessary documentation/information
Who we are looking for:
• PhD. (desired) or Master’s Degree (essential) in Food Engineering, Food Science, Biotechnology, Agri-technology or related;
• 10-15 years of experience in innovation project activities;
• Business acumen;
• Strategy working or academic background;
• Project management experience is a plus;
• Start-up experience is a plus;
• Self-driven and capable of dealing with unstructured and emerging start-up environments;
• Complexity management;
• People management and communication skills.
• IT competences;
• Advanced knowledge of Office Suite.
• Be fluent in English, any additional language is an asset.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.