National Account Manager - Walmart Stores
Job Location: Bentonville, Arkansas
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The National Account Manager, Walmart will be responsible for executing and driving a retail sales plan for the Walmart front end that will result in the delivery of sales and profit growth of the existing and new Ferrero portfolio. This person will be a primary contact to manage the business relationship with the Walmart Merchandising Director – Impulse Candy. This person will report to the Walmart Team Leader and be based in Bentonville, Arkansas.
- Responsible for all aspects of account management with Walmart front end & D82
- Lead all sales calls, business reviews and develop key presentations to effectively drive initiatives for customer category and Ferrero
- Own relationship with Walmart Merchandising Director – Impulse Candy / Associate Merchant – Impulse Candy and execute formalized, value-added engagement plan with established feedback loop to act on customer input
- VP level engagement across key Customers / Brokers within the Channel including annual Top 2 Top meetings, Annual Planning, QBRs and Long Lead Innovation Sessions
- Develop customer specific plans working collaboratively with Trade Marketing, Category Management, Revenue Growth Management and Finance
- Identify medium and long-term business opportunities at Walmart in seasons and flag to Team Leader
- Align customer initiatives to Ferrero strategic enablers to drive meaningful JBP process
- Achieve KPI’s to contribute to total KPI attainment
- Use trade judiciously to drive demand at Walmart in category
- Develop accurate SKU-level forecasts each month based on expected demand, seasons, and promotions and own forecast accuracy for Walmart with feedback loop when forecasts not correct
- Manage customer payments/ deduction process
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of Sales, Account Management, Merchandising, and/or Category Management experience is required
- Experience managing Walmart account as an Account Manager or Customer Development Manager
- Interpersonal skills to interface effectively with the necessary stakeholders
- Strategic and proactive thinking to develop sales strategies and translate them into distribution, shelving, pricing, and merchandising achievements to close gaps and increase sales
- Strong data analytic skills to monitor, track and proactively address customer performance as well as understand contribution of Walmart with respect to seasonal volume, assortment, performance, and distribution, report, and track accounts as a contribution to the overall Walmart Inc team
- Effective story telling competencies to present key insights in front of internal and external stakeholders
- Global mindset and desire to build a successful career with a growing global company
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Please note that all Ferrero employees are required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19. If you accept an offer of employment from Ferrero, you are expected to abide by Ferrero’s Commercial COVID-19 Vaccination Guidelines and General Procedures, a copy of which will be provided to you upon hire.