National Account Manager - Meijer & HY-VEE
Job Location: Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids, MI or Chicago, IL
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The National Account Manager, Meijer & Hy-Vee will be responsible for executing the U.S. sales strategy which will result in the delivery of retailer category growth in addition to driving sales and profit for Ferrero. This person will be a primary contact to manage the business relationship with the Meijer and Hy-Vee category managers as well as the relationship with Ferrero’s broker partners. This individual will report to the Ferrero Sales Director – Grocery East.
- Lead all sales calls, business reviews and develop key presentations to effectively drive initiatives for customer category and Ferrero
- Own relationship with Meijer & Hy-Vee category managers and execute formalized, value-added engagement plan with established feedback loop to act on customer input
- Some level engagement across key Customers / Brokers within the Channel including annual Top 2 Top meetings, Annual Planning, QBRs and Long Lead Innovation Sessions
- Develop customer specific plans working collaboratively with Trade Marketing, Category Management, Revenue Growth Management and Finance
- Identify medium and long-term business opportunities at Meijer & Hy-Vee in collaboration with Sales Director
- Align customer initiatives to Ferrero strategic enablers to drive meaningful JBP process
- Develop accurate SKU-level forecasts each month based on expected demand, seasons, and promotions and own forecast accuracy across accounts
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; MBA is preferred.
- 5+ years of Sales Account Management experience is required.
- Experience managing Meijer account as an Account Manager.
- Hands on experience working with IRI and/or Dunnhumby.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and growing major Grocery accounts in the candy category.
- Experience developing sales strategies and translating them into distribution, shelving, pricing, and merchandising achievements to close gaps and increase sales.
- Strong data analytic skills required to monitor, track and proactively address customer performance
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.