National Account Manager - Dot Foods
Job Location: Central or Midwestern United States
This position is remote, but preference is for the role to be based in Central or Midwestern United States.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join Ferrero North America and be extraordinary with us! We are looking for a National Account Manager for DOT Foods to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for managing the relationships at both the purchasing specialist level and the account team level. Your role is critical to managing optimal inventory levels for 400+ SKUs across 13 Distribution Centers. You will work closely with the Supply Chain teams to ensure OTIF, as well as increase efficiency in truckloads. You will be proactive in suggesting orders as needed for seasonal strategies, promotions, and new item launches. You will also work cross functionally to provide monthly and weekly gating of anticipated volumes. This role will partner and report to the VP of Sales – McLane.
- Manage inventory across 13 distribution centers and 400+ SKUs to ensure optimal inventory to achieve high service levels and mitigate any overstocks
- Work collaboratively across the entire Supply Chain (daily/weekly) to ensure OTIF and truckload efficiency
- Partner with Supply Chain/IT to create efficiencies for ordering and reporting
- Forecast volumes, near and long-term projections across 13 Distribution Centers serving major Retailers and Food Service accounts that pull from Dot Foods
- Develop seasonal and new launch distribution strategies
- Provide a line of sight to near- and long-term shipment requirements to assist in sales forecasting and inventory deployment
- Support key cross-functional internal relationships, including, Sales Operations, Sales Account teams and Supply Chain
- Monitor inventory (on-order and on-hand) and provide order gating, directly interfacing with the Purchasing Specialist, Replenishment and Account teams
- Develop a weekly forecast review utilizing accounts generated forecasts on replenishment and promotions
- Develop and manage processes for key channels to support forecasting accuracy, inventory optimization and cross functional collaboration (Supply Chain, Sales Planning and Account Managers)
- Manage setup of new items and monitor item data integrity, including specs and pricing
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- At least 7 years of experience, across North America in a CPG setting; preferably with customer facing experience
- Experience working with Dot Foods, McLane and/or other major distributors preferred
- Strategic and pro-active mindset with an ability to influence internal stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of retailer / food service replenishment systems
- Experience with the design and development of a VMI program; including platform software procurement and team design – this is a plus but not required
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero North America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.