National Account Manager - Dollar, Discount & Seasonal
Job Location: Remote
This position is remote, but preference is for the role to be based in Chicago, Nashville, Philadelphia or New Jersey, so that you are in reasonable proximity to the customers.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
We are looking for a National Account Manager to join Ferrero and work on our Seasonal business. In this role, you will be responsible for executing and driving a retail sales plan for all seasonal business in the Dollar Class of Trade that will result in the delivery of sales and profit growth of existing and new products in our portfolio. You will be a primary contact to manage the business relationship with the Key Category Buyers at Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar and Five Below. The National Account Manager - Dollar, Discount & Seasonal will report to the Value Channel Sales Director.
- Responsible for all seasonal aspects of Account Management with assigned customers: Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, and Five Below.
- Lead all seasonal sales calls, seasonal business reviews and develop key seasonal presentations to effectively drive seasonal initiatives for customer category and Ferrero
- Own relationship with customer seasonal category buyers and execute formalized, value-added engagement plans with established feedback loop to act on customer input
- Develop customer specific seasonal plans working collaboratively with Trade Marketing, Category Management, Revenue Growth Management and Finance
- Identify medium and long-term seasonal business opportunities and present these opportunities internally and externally
- Align seasonal customer initiatives to Ferrero strategic enablers to drive a meaningful JBP process
- Achieve seasonal KPI’s to contribute to total Dollar Channel KPI attainment
- Use trade judiciously to drive demand at Dollar Customers in category
- Develop accurate SKU-level seasonal forecasts based on expected demand during each season, and promotions and own forecast accuracy for Dollar Customers
- Manage special projects during key drivetimes as Ferrero portfolio continues to expand
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- At least 7 years of Sales, Account Management, Merchandising, and/or Category Management experience is required
- Strong data analytic skills to monitor, track and proactively address customer performance as well as understand contribution of Dollar Channel team with respect to volume, assortment, seasonal performance and distribution, report and track accounts as a contribution to the Value team
- Entrepreneurial mindset and desire to build a successful career with a growing global company
- Interpersonal skills to interface effectively with the necessary stakeholders
- Strategic and proactive thinking to develop sales strategies and translate them into distribution, shelving, pricing and merchandising achievements to close gaps and increase sales
- Effective story telling competencies to present key insights in front of internal and external stakeholders
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero North America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.