Molds Development Manager
Job Location: Alba
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Moulds Development Manager is the Internal subject matter expert for mold development within the packaging unit. Responsible for driving the technology choice and the ideal partner selection for the development of new components requiring dedicated tooling. Capable of stretching supplier boundaries beyond the basic expectation, adding value through own expertise and driving project optimization opportunities with priority focus on cost and sustainability.
Responsible to set up a strong network of leading suppliers and partners to explore new technologies (including new/alternative materials to plastic) that could lead to competitive advantage, at same time supporting Procurement on setting the best supply process.
Responsible for preliminary IP assessment of any opportunity coming from this scouting.
Supports the development of internal resources to build a strong competence center.
TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT - DESIGN
- Support the design definition of any new packaging component requiring dedicated tooling
- Lead technical molding feasibility assessment of new component
- Responsible for pilot mold design and approval in line with project lead-times
- Track pilot molds spend and priorities in line with given bdg
- New technology scouting across broad mold applications ranging from injection and blow molding to thermoforming including potential new opportunities beyond plastic (identification of potential IP for specific applications)
TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT – DEPLOYMENT
- Transfer pilot mold development learnings into industrial mold construction phase and ensure quality output in line with expectations
- Support Local and central DPU for packaging optimization requiring mold modifications
- Responsible for industrial mold approval and alternative resin trials/testing
- Global support to requests coming from suppliers and related on-site visits
- Supports budget definition activities as required with Molds renewal and depreciation analysis and maintenance program, equipment and spare parts analysis.
- Continuous improvement of new and existing industrial molds with particular reference to cycle time, productivity, efficiency and all input parameters relevant for Packaging costs.
- Support molds and equipment capacity analysis and investment proposal definition (PDA)
- Proactive scouting of new molds suppliers
Who we are looking for:
- 6 - 15 years of experience as a R&D/packaging engineer/technical position;
- Graduation in Mechanical Engineering or similar fields;
- Is consider as a plus the focus on Mould Development Management related to rigid and semirigid packaging at Brand owner/Rigid plastic Packaging suppliers/Moulds makers/R&D center categories. Deep knowledge of plastic material categories, converting technologies, Packaging industrial technologies knowledge;
- 3D (SolidWorks or similar) and 2D design tool:
- Molding Analysis&Design tool (Solid Works Plastics) will be considered a plus;
- Understanding Packaging Laboratory Mechanical test methods;
- Familiar with Molding process performance evaluation (cycle time, productivity, efficiency and all input parameters relevant for Packaging costs Analysis).
- Knowledge of Software for project management (e.g. Microsoft Project) will be considered a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook);
- Fluent English (written and spoken) for international relations is a mandatory requirement.
- Other languages will be considered a plus.
- Project management, Problem-solving, Decision-making skills;
- Critical-thinking skills;
- Self-driven and capable of dealing with a complex stakeholder scenario, from R&D to Production managers and Operators;
- Good cross functional team coordination skills in a Multicultural environment;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility, adaptability and aptitude to teamwork.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.