Microbiology Lab Co-op
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Working in the Quality Control Lab at Ferrero Canada as the Microbiology Lab - Co-op, you will aid in conducting tests and inspections of raw materials, in-process and finished products to evaluate quality and safety. Other duties will include media preparation, daily Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) cleaning as well as sample weighing and testing. You will get the opportunity to see a the Ferrero Group's largest manufacturing site in North America in action and support the Quality Control Lab team in maintaining the high quality standards of our products including: Nutella, Nutella & Go, Ferrero Rocher, and Tic Tac.
- September 2022 – December 2022
- Placement is on-site at the employer’s location
- 1 Ferrero Boulevard, Brantford, Ontario N3V 1G3
- Check raw ingredients, in-process and finished products for safety and quality Adhere to food standards, production specifications, safety regulations, waste management and water supply specifications
- Testing food ingredients for pathogens, bacteria, etc.
- Ensure that procedures are performed correctly and in a timely manner
- Inspect food processing areas in order to ensure compliance with government regulations and standards for sanitation, safety, quality, and waste management standards
- Guarantee that the finished products meet the quality specifications established by Ferrero
- Apply food science knowledge to determine best ways to process, package, preserve, store, and distribute food.
Who we are looking for:
- Knowledge of microbiological procedures and techniques, GMPs and HACCP.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Food Industry Management
- Food Science
- Biological & Medical Physics
- Biological & Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Biological Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Toxicology
- Chemical Physics
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.