Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor - 3rd shift 1
Franklin Park, IL
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Supervising maintenance, supporting interventions, collaborating in the new projects’ realization. Defining, organizing and managing the realization of periodical revisions programs, ordinary, extraordinary and soft intervention, optimizing relative costs in order to achieve determined production results, both in qualitative and quantitative terms, respecting the given deadlines. Coordinating and organizing maintenance crew and activities in order to ensure the highest level of reliability and efficiency of production lines.
- Gives resourceful informaton to Maintenance Coordinator and Mechanical Manager for Opex budget
- Cooperates in data collection and analysis needed for the evaluation of potential changes to maintenance policies
- Cooperate on the detection and application of autonomous maintenance areas
- Cooperates in the analysis of results derived from application/modification of maintenance policies
- Gives information regarding resources availability (personnel) and resources needs (spare parts, external services)
- Collects and analyzes anomalies signals giving indication regarding Production needs
- Predictive Maintenance
- Evaluate production call requests and assign priority for those under its responsibility
- Review SAP/ work order systems and assign activities under its area
- Ensures the correct application of safety standards and safe behaviors during the execution of maintenance
- Flexibility to work in different areas of maintenance on a as needed basis
- Guarantees the correct implementation of preventive maintenance actions, including also those focused on improvement and condition-based
- Evaluate work of maintenance technicians
- Request spare parts from procurement that are needed for production
- Ensures a correct and complete handover of the activities with the next shift
- Support in maintaining maintenance best practices
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Knowledge of packaging machinery
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Time Management
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of individuals, or process to make improvements or take corrective action;
- Coaching, Mentoring, Teaching, and Guiding employees;
- Coordinating the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work;
- Critical Thinking
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.