Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Job Location: Franklin Park
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Supervising maintenance, supporting interventions, collaborating in the new projects’ realization. Defining, organizing and managing the realization of periodical revisions programs, ordinary, extraordinary and soft intervention, optimizing relative costs in order to achieve determined production results, both in qualitative and quantitative terms, respecting the given deadlines. Coordinating and organizing maintenance crew and activities in order to ensure the highest level of reliability and efficiency of production lines.
• Gives to RDM and RMS all the indications dealing with resource needs (personnel, spare parts, external services), for the area under its responsibility to be useful for OPEX budget definition
• Cooperates in data collection and analysis needed for the evaluation of potential changes to maintenance policies
• Cooperate on the detection and application of autonomous maintenance areas
• Cooperates in the analysis of results derived from application/modification of maintenance policies
• Cooperate in mid-term needs detection
• Gives indication for the update of the intervention memorandum
• Gives information regarding resources availability (personnel) and resources needs (spare parts, external services)
• Gives indications regarding resources availability (people) and resources needs (spare parts, external services) and advice to postpone/hasten some of the interventions
• Collects and analyses anomalies signals giving indication regarding intervention needs
• Predictive Maintenance: collects all those weak signals detected on production units to analyze them together with RDM, and to agree on timing and to define the best solution
• Evaluates on-call intervention requests and assign priority for those under its responsibility (urgency intervention), agrees with RDM the rest, and ensure the execution
• Analyses Work Progress Status for the activities under its area of competence comparing with activities plans/programs and detect corrective actions in case of missing objectives
• Ensures the correct application of safety standards and safe behaviors during the execution of maintenance intervention
• Ensures, for the activities under its area of competence, the correct realization and accounting of those activities in charge of contractors and external companies
• Operate in different areas from the one(s) under its area of responsibility in case of specific seriousness intervention (if requested)
• Guarantees the correct implementation of preventive maintenance actions, including also those focused on improvement and condition-based
• Evaluate the correct application and development of all those functional checks potentially necessary for a machinery’s “re-delivery” which follows an on-call intervention action
• Guarantees the request, also internally crafting, of all the necessary spare parts for the maintenance intervention
• Ensures a correct and complete handover of the activities with the next shift RMT
• Support in the spreading of maintenance best practices
• Guarantees the correctness of the data upload into SAP PM
Who we are looking for:
Knowledge of product technology, process and food sector;
Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance;
Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job;
Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of their staff;
Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively and influence.
Coordinating - Monitoring/Assessing performance of individuals, or process to make improvements or take corrective action;
Employee Relations – Coaching, Mentoring, Teaching, and Guiding employees;
Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate;
Material Resources - Coordinating the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work;
Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems;
Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.