Material Handler - 2nd Shift
Job Location: North Canton
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The purpose of this positoin is to ensure the proper flow of materials to the production lines. The material handler must prepare staging areas prior to production with the appropriate packaging, raw materials, WIP, and other items as delineated in the BOM for that item. A Material Handler will operate powered industrial trucks helping to pull product, count aisles, unloading inbound trailers and loading product onto outbound trailers. This is an houly position reporting to the Warehouse Manager.
This position is for 2nd shift with hours of operation; 3pm - 11:30pm. The pay rate is $17.73 per hour with shift differential. Monday through Friday with Saturday Over time during peak season.
- Perform all appropriate inventory system entries to maintain floor stock and WIP (Work In Progress) inventory in each staging location
- Ensure that lines are stocked with the proper amounts and types of materials by performing appropriate product structure searches in inventory.
- Review production dates and FIFO (First In, First Out) systems for materials to be staged to production lines.
- Work closely with production scheduling to ensure that all lines have the proper amount of materials for a given production run prior to production startup.
- Report usage variances immediately to Area Managers and Leads.
- Transfer materials to and from the production floor and the appropriate warehouse.
- Utilize appropriate material handling machinery, including, electric pallet jacks, manual pallet jacks, and other powered industrial trucks including forklifts, rider pallet jacks and narrow aisle turret trucks.
- Perform all appropriate powered industrial truck checks prior to their use
- Ensure accuracy of all documentation (sort tags, back flush tags, etc.) prior to the movement of any materials, WIP, or finished goods to its appropriate location.
- Work any assignment as directed by Leads and Managers.
- Work overtime as assigned by Manager.
- Responsible to uphold and maintain the food safety and quality systems.
Who we are looking for:
Education or Experience
- Sufficient reading level to understand written requirements and Bills of Lading, and simple arithmetic. 1 to 2 years of related experience.
- Technological knowledge. Need to be able to learn and use RF scanners.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally, stand for up to 8 hours, peripheral and depth perception to properly navigate a powered industrial truck.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Powered industrial truck certifications or ability to obtain one.
- Sufficient understanding of basic computer principles to properly enter receipt and transfer information.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.