Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
Ferrero USA, a leading global confectionery manufacturer with a strong track record of innovations and a great reputation for the quality of its products, is looking for an Electrician to support our Production Operations team. The position will work out of our Somerset, NJ factory location and reports to the Maintenance Manager.
The primary responsibility of the Electrician is to manage, repair and maintain production equipment in our United States repackaging facility. This role requires an individual which excels troubleshooting production equipment problems as well as proactively preventing issues delaying or preventing production of the company’s products.
This is a non-exempt (hourly paid) position and will involve overtime work.
- Repair, maintain, install and change over production packaging machines and lines
- Install, modify, rebuild, repair or overhaul all types of electronic/electrical equipment and controls with an emphasis on plant operations.
- Remove and/or install electronic/electrical equipment and parts
- Modify, maintain, and install PLC programs
- Perform set-up, adjustment and timing of mechanical equipment
Who we are looking for:
- High School degree
- Experience working with packaging material, robotics and automated packaging lines
- Experience in maintenance and repair packaging systems and conveyors
- 5 or more years of experience in packaging operation and Electrician or Automation Technician designation with at least three years of experience.
- Ability to read electrical wiring schematics
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) including basic programming and extensive troubleshooting experience.
- Working knowledge of high speed and/or highly automated equipment such as servo motors, VFDs, PLCs, I/O modules and safety circuits.
- Working knowledge of Fanuc and Universal Robotics.
- Experience with installation, troubleshooting, repair and adjustment of industrial electrical and electronic equipment
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.