Manager - Industrial Sustainability Environment & Energy
Job Location: Baramati
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The main objective of this position is developing, implementing and monitoring company or organizational environmental strategies. Defining the Masterplan, formulating budgets and supporting the Company to ensure its long-term competitive profit for the business by reducing the negative environmental impacts, protecting communities, restoring and conserving surrounding ecosystems.
To coordinate on day to day basis with the Central sustainability function and support the plant manager for the implementation of the same (Policy, procedure, Operational requirements, Measuring sustainability performance, analyzing data, providing the necessary action plan and strategies to reduce the overall Environmental footprint) locally.
- Identify, measure and monitor progress of the relevant KPIs in line with Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Motivation and Environment principle
- Implement, maintain and improve Industrial Sustainability, Environment and Energy Master Plan for factory
- Promotes all needed collaborations in the Plant to guarantee the achievement of energy efficiency goals
- Defines the budget proposal within the Environment & Energy topics (e.g. energy needs, investments)
- Proactively promotes and participates to activities inside the Plant about increasing sustainability culture over all the levels, even though technical support and training to users
- Cooperating with the accountable Functions for carrying surveillance out regarding new norms and internal regulations compliance as well as looking for research and development of best available technologies and green energy supply
- Align with Central and Group Functions on environmental sustainability projects and applies the Lean techniques, on the journey to WCO
- Analyses and monitors the legislative evolution and national regulation, managing institutional relations and protecting Corporate interests and reputation at a regional national and community level
- Oversees environment-related procedures / norms and applying certified environment managing systems, fostering the adoption of the best available techniques and defines, provides and check documentation about environmental and sustainability procedures and checklists
- Is accountable for the waste management of the Plant
- Collaborates with Procurement on the definition and auditing of the Environmental partner for waste management and consulting
- Is responsible for all the activities aimed to the certification achievement maintenance in line with ISO 14001 & 50001
- Carries out audits over the environmental managing system
- Cooperates in the preparation of the environmental Ferrero Group balance sheet used for CSR
- Drafts the reports about various themes on the topics of Environment, Energy and Sustainability to provides the data entry to the Group official platforms
Who we are looking for:
- B. Tech or M.Tech in Environment & Energy Management
- Having 6-8 years of rich experience in the domain of Industrial Sustainability, Environment & Energy
- Good knowledge of Electrical and thermal system, Lean Manufacturing Business Sustainability, Legal requirements, GRI Standards Certification - CSR Reporting, Recycling, etc.
- Strong Emotional Intelligence to influence the various stakeholders
- Hands on Analytical Skills, Problem Solving, Risk Evaluation, Project Management Skills and Experience
- Lateral thinking - creativity
Job Referral Code: B
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.