Local Agronomist USA
Job Location: Portland
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Local Agronomist has full accountability on Agricultural, Science & Research based activities related to North American market growth and hazelnut improvement programs. Enhancing productivity, product quality and monitoring the development of a sustainable hazelnut value chain are key as well as working cross functionally in the country to increase availability and quality whilst working with growers, processors and industry influencers.
- Exchange technical and scientific knowledge with the area’s various related stakeholders
- Work in strict cooperation with Procurement department to facilitate their sourcing process through scientific, outgrowing & promotion support
- Maintain long term relationships with the various business partners and stakeholders with the only objective of improved market performances
- Transfer Ferrero professional knowledge heritage to the Oregonian market system
- Facilitate interaction between Ferrero and various involved divisions with the different market operators
- Proactively cooperate in order to successfully reach the implementation of Group sustainable sourcing program and maintain it
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelors degree in Agronomy or related fields, preferably with knowledge and eventual specializations in Economics. A Masters degree would be considered as an asset.
- At least five years of experience in Agronomic related businesses or Orchard Management, or similar agricultural activities.
- Experience in designing and implementing research projects and field trials.
- Excellent aptitude in communication, interpersonal relationships and leadership in a complex and sensitive environment.
- Excellent skills in working cross functionally throughout the company divisions.
- High level of proactivity and vision towards final objectives.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Ability to speak at public at events and conventions to large numbers of people.
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Italian language would be considered an asset
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.