Job Location: Singapore
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As the Legal Counsel in Ferrero APAC, you will support all legal activities for 1 of the 4 clusters in APAC region (16 markets) – Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau and support food law matters in the following markets: Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, and Brunei. You will also manage legal risks and opportunities; and to support business growth. You will report directly to the Head of Legal in Ferrero APAC.
In this role, you will be provided with opportunities to manage legal risks and opportunities in multiple markets, experience different cultures, and work with a fast growing company and a truly global legal team.
This role will be based in Singapore with occasional travels to other markets in APAC. Possibility of a training period in in Luxembourg (where the headquarter of Ferrero’s legal department is located).
Your responsibility includes to advise and support on:
- consumer complaints and government challenges;
- distributor management; distribution agreements; agreements with retailers; other commercial agreements; and dispute resolution;
- marketing activities (advertisements, claims, promotions etc.);
- compliance matters such as anti-trust, anti-bribery and data privacy including providing compliance trainings on such topics;
- IP related matters including advising on trademark infringement, copyright, and management of parallel imported products;
- new laws and regulations that impact on the financial aspect and risk management of Ferrero;
- global legal tasks collaborating with central legal team when needed;
- other legal matters including company law matters such as board resolutions; and other matters as assigned by the line manager;
- global or regional projects.
Who we are looking for:
- a qualified lawyer with approximately 5-7 years of experience with leading law firms and multinational companies, in an international environment; minimum 3 years’ experience with a reputable law firm is required.
- experience in fast moving consumer goods and food industry is preferred
- Able to identify, analyze and manage legal issues in different markets with support from external counsel and provide practical solutions to business
- Be detailed but capable of keeping in mind the big picture
- Work under pressure and handle substantial workload efficiently
- Being proactive by actively managing legal risks and opportunities
- Responsible, reliable and respect deadlines
- Strong communication skills; able to influence stakeholders, with a good balance and approachable.
- Strong collaboration skills within team and across functions
- Open to ideas
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.