Key Account Manager Albert Heijn
Job Location: Breda
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Manage and supervise, throughout the customer / channel buyers, the relation with the Central entities of the clients allocated to the assigned channels, in order to negotiate and sign contracts and to develop the sales. Support the Channel Manager in defining the sales strategies (targets, programs, commercial initiatives and promotional policies) for the assigned customer / channel buyers.
BUDGET MANAGEMENT - shared with Channel Manager
- Ensures alignment between proper budget management and business objectives
- Proposes sales volume budget
- Proposes forecast of commercial and assigned structure costs
- Complies with spending guidelines, monitoring the performance
- Maintains the spending within the guidelines defined by Channel Manager, constantly verifying the trend of development generators
- Supplies information to Channel Manager concerning the sales activities / plans
- Maintains a high level of trade contact in order to have a better knowledge of the marketplace
ACTIVITY PLANNING AND CONTROLLING
- Monitors and verifies the proper application of promotions and commercial conditions defined during the negotiations
- Tracks and monitors own and competitor product pricing (in cooperation with Sales Manager)
- Provides sales forecast for the assigned clients Monitors sales performance of assigned clients and assigned costs versus budget
- Tracks and monitors customer performance (e.g. sell-in, sell out, stocks dynamics)
- Contributes to optimize Field Force coverage
- Prepares and presents the contracts for the assigned clients
- Develops sales argumentation in collaboration with Trade Marketing, according to assigned clients characteristics
- Proposes additional promotional opportunities and supervises the implementation in line with marketing and Trade Marketing guidelines
- Agrees with clients the implementation of the Country promotional plan
- Communicates to customer / channel all information regarding the customer channel strategy and activities defined centrally
- Provides input for Local development activities and monitor alignment with Country strategies of clients / Brand initiatives
- Contributes in the solution of problems with assigned channel / customer (e.g. promotions, delivery)
Who we are looking for:
- Master’s degree in economics or Marketing
- 4-7 years of experience in Sales, Trade Marketing or Marketing, with a first successful experience in a KAM and/or Trade Marketing and/or Marketing role in FMCG.
- Knowledge about Dutch Modern Trade market & Albert Heijn
- Proficient in key responsibilities of the KAM role, like budgeting, forecasting & effective business planning
- Strong negotiation, communication and analytical skills
- Leadership skills
- Autonomy in managing the relationships with customers
- Knowledge of the P&L management
- Knowledge of commercial and office software Excel & PowerPoint, SAP
- Fluency in Dutch and English ; French is a plus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.