INTERNSHIP Customer Service Specialist (Starting from February)
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them. You have always loved it, now be part of it!
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our Ferrero HQs in Luxembourg we are looking for an intern who will be reporting to the Customer Service Manager.
The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for maintaining a positive relationship with our customers by answering questions, addressing customer service level issues, and overall optimization of supply chain processes and procedures. This position is responsible for managing the order-to-cash cycle from efficient order receipt to on-time, on-quantity, and on-quality delivery using SAP Order Management, Microsoft Excel and various proprietary systems. The ideal candidate will be able to anticipate potential issues and facilitate their resolution. This will require strong communication skills to gather and disseminate pertinent information both within and outside of the organization.
- Execute the complete order processing cycle, including receipt of purchase orders, confirmation of inventory and delivery dates, and follow-up with all parties involved (Sales, Brokers, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Warehouses, Carriers and Customers) until the orders are delivered to the customers;
- Maximize on-time shipping, delivery and fill rates;
- Minimize customer claims for non-compliance;
- Process orders using SAP Order Management. Assist customers in streamlining order processing, improving customer logistics performance and total cost-to-serve;
- Meet with key customers to review performance and address issues;
- Maintain strong communication with internal (Supply Chain, Marketing, Sales, Finance, IT) and external partners;
- Create reports and analysis to support customer service & logistics;
- Support EDI interfaces with customers;
- Utilize Excel, SAP and propriety systems to track shipments through warehouses and carriers;
- Manage multiple accounts: receive POs, allocate inventory, confirm delivery dates, and coordinate on-time deliveries with warehouses and carriers;
- Manage returns, credit and claims processes;
- Initiate and support continuous process improvement;
- Analyze and propose improvements to overall cost-to-serve for key accounts.
Who we are looking for:
- University degree in a Business Discipline;
- 0-3 years of experience in customer service in the fast-moving consumer goods industry, preferable food & beverage;
- Well organized with attention to detail;
- Ability to work well in a group and independently;
- Solid understanding of transportation, warehousing and supply chain best practices;
- Strong follow up skills;
- Ability to work under pressure with specific deadlines while multi-tasking;
- Ability to set priorities and solve problems;
- Effective influencing skills;
- Experience with VMI implementation and operation a plus;
- Experience with VMI and EDI a plus.
- Experience working with SAP and ATP required;
- Intermediate to Expert skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Fluent in English;
- Any additional language is a plus.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.