Industrial Health & Safety Manager
Job Location: Alfreton
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This is the perfect role for you if you have a passion for creating, driving and maintaining a behavioural safety culture. Working in conjunction with the UK Health and Safety Manager you will be driving the H &S agenda across our production facility in Alfreton, Derbyshire - home of the Thornton’s brand. The site is easily accessible from the M1 and has great on-site facilities including subsidised restaurant and free on-site car parking.
- Ensure that the site is compliant with all corporate and legislative health and safety requirements
- Ensure rigorous risk assessment processes and accident management systems are in place and are complied with
- Developing management information to make recommendations and enable the business to take the appropriate action to continuously improve health and safety across the site
- Reporting key metrics and presenting these back at a local and group level
- Participate in the development of safe systems of work and standard operating procedures to ensure best practice is achieved and maintained
- Manage the site ‘Fire Team’ and associated emergency procedures for site
- Manage a direct report and a number of indirect critical working relationships
Who we are looking for:
- NEBOSH H&S Diploma qualified (or equivalent) or in the final stages of diploma completion
- Experience of managing a large manufacturing or production site – ideally within food production
- Proactive and driven to make a difference with a passion for health and safety
- Naturally collaborative with an ability to influence and engage the wider operational teams
- Confident with a proven ability to set and lead the site health and safety agenda
- Passionate about continuous improvement
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.