Industrial Graduate Program - Quality Trainee
Job Location: Bloomington
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Are you looking to jumpstart your career in Sweet Packaged Foods? Do you have a sweet tooth, and are interested in learning about how chocolates, candy, cookies, biscuits, and more are made from start to finish? Then our Industrial Graduate Program may be the program for you!
We are looking for highly motivated individuals, who have graduated from a post-secondary institution in Quality to join our Industrial Graduate Program.
Our early career programs are designed to let graduates explore Ferrero while putting their skills to work. Working at Ferrero early in your career is a unique and challenging experience, and we often have permanent placements after the program. Even more importantly, our early career programs can help graduates understand where they want to focus your talent and take the first step of a career at Ferrero.
The Ferrero North American Industrial Graduate Program (IGP) provide graduates with the technical and managerial skills they will need to build a successful career within Ferrero.
The Industrial Graduate Program lasts ~2 years and is divided into the different phases below.
For the first ~12 months, graduates will be based in the home plant, introducing them to the Industrial setting, the “Ferrero Way” and Industrial career paths.
Graduates will attend a variety of training courses and programs that will set them up for success in future roles.
- Industrial Training (e.g. health & safety, quality, Ferrero Fundamentals)
- Plant Tour
- Soft skills training (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Presentation Delivery Skills)
- Ferrerita – a Ferrero onboarding program that takes learners through a learning journey across the Ferrero Value Chain, making them ambassadors of the Ferrero’s Culture and Values.
- JOIN! – a global program that enables early career employees to obtain a deep understanding of the Ferrero way of doing business. They will discover the DNA of success in our brands and the diversity of our network across countries.
Throughout the program, you will receive support from a mentor to help you understand your strengths and weaknesses, plan their development and help them build up the skills and knowledge necessary to prepare you for your career.
Phase 2 – Year 2
In year 2, graduates will gain the opportunity to master their skills in their home location, either in their current role, or a new role.
- Managerial preparation training (e.g. People Management, Influencing Skills)
Phase 3 – After IGP
- After IGP ends, the graduate will be based in another Ferrero industrial location within Canada or USA to give them a multi-plant experience and to further develop their skills in their area of specialization.
Who we are looking for:
- Quality Assurance or Lab work environment preferred. ·
- Bachelors Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Food science is preferred. ·
- Ability to relocate to another Ferrero plant within North America following the ~2 year program.
- Ability to adapt and learn new things quickly and accurately.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Collaborative, and works effectively in cross-functional teams.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.