Head of Surprise Operations India
Job Location: Pune
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Lead all Surprises (toys) operations related activities in India, with full responsibility on results (e.g. Cost, supplier Performance, Quality, Budget, Reputation, etc.) and people. Ensure the industrialization and production of the surprises within the division, on the defined time and quantity, with perfect quality and guaranteed-safety, at an optimized delivered cost. The position is based at the Ferrero India Corporate office in Pune.
- Ensures an integrated way of working within the division between all involved functions and with all central stakeholders in a logic of best practices
- Defines strategic activities of the division in line with Global Operations Strategy
- Ensures that a quantitative approach is applied within the division to drive overall performances
ENGINEERING AND INDUSTRIALIZATION
- Contributes in reducing, optimizing and standardizing overall industrialization timing
- Ensures that the development and industrialization of projects (molds and surprises) is carried out in accordance with the identified timings and deadlines
- Facilitates a strict collaboration between local Engineering and Central Technical Innovation Department in the surprises industrialization in order to reduce the industrialization timing
- Ensures the identification of technical solutions within the suppliers to improve production performances (e.g. automation), also by proposing possible investments to be carried out
- Facilitates and spreads technical knowledge between the suppliers
PRODUCTION PLANNING AND LOGISTIC EXECTION
- Facilitates an integrated planning with Central Surprises Planning in order to manage the process in an effective way
- Ensures a correct allocation of works between the various qualified suppliers respecting production capacities and bottlenecks, development times, quality and costs
- Ensures that the planning of the production of the suppliers complies with the identified timing and delivery-plans
- Monitors the delivery-plans of the suppliers, in order to anticipate possible issues, and resolves to avoid delays
- Manages all related logistic operative execution activities, i.e. transportation, customs, warehouses, inventory
PROCUREMENT & SUPPLIERS MANAGEMENT
- Works proactively to apply a solid and collaborative relationship towards key suppliers
- Ensures the scouting of new suppliers in line with the needs in terms of innovation, costs, quality and safety
- Ensures an adequate monitoring of overall suppliers performances, in terms of costs, deliveries, quality, in line with identified framework agreements, KPIs,…, and escalates in case of relevant criticalities
QUALITY AND SAFETY
- Ensures that produced surprises comply with qualitative and safety standards
- Identifies together with quality department area of intervention within the suppliers to enhance qualitative checks
- Manages together with quality department qualitative problems and escalates in case of relevant criticalities
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for experienced organization leaders who can head the India Surprises Division at our Pune Corporate Office.
We prefer candidates with:
- Over 15 years of techno-commercial experience, with atleast 5 years of leadership experience
- Specialization in plastics engineering in a variety of applications (automotive, parts, interiors, consumer goods, toys, etc)
- Extensive international experience, direct experience managing large global teams. Candidates who have had opportunities to work overseas will have added advantage in the role.
- Experience in leading planning from concept and design to industrialization
- Proven experience in project management
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.