Group Brand Manager - Premium Chocolate
Job Location: Shanghai
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
In this role, you will develop the strategic and commercial marketing initiatives for Ferrero Rocher brand (through the line communication, range, pricing) to drive sales, market shares, profit and consumers’ KPIs to meet agreed budgets. Lead the conversations on the brand with key function and stakeholders at all levels within and outside the organization to ensure buy in and a smooth implementation of the defined marketing strategies and programs.
BUDGET AND SALES PLANNING
- Define and recommend to the Company Management the budget for the sales volumes of the product lines of the category in charge;
- Define and recommend to the Company Management team the budget for costs associated with the product lines, i.e. advertising, promotional costs, and costs associated with market research and analysis.
-Bear responsibility for the economic results achieved by the product lines, monitoring compliance with the budgeted figures and ongoing economic performance, and taking any necessary corrective action;
- Prepare presentations for internal stakeholders clearly articulating strategy and execution and providing rationale for the drivers and their impact on the plan;
- Collaborate closely with Commercial Planning and Sales teams ensuring alignment and buy-in.
SCENARIO ANALYSES ON COMPETITION/ CONSUMERS / MARKET
- Plan activities in order to monitor and understand category, brand and competitors’ performance (Nielsen, Kantar, Equity studies, etc.);
- Define research objectives in order to understand consumers’ and shoppers’ behaviors, evolving needs and preferences;
- Analyze market dynamics and trends to identify new opportunities.
PRODUCT LINE MARKETING STRATEGY
- Develop and recommend brand marketing strategy and initiatives, ensuring flawless implementation in accordance with the final management decisions;
- Make recommendations on competitive positions and strategy for the product lines (specifying benefits, target consumer groups, pricing);
- Manage the brand marketing investments within the agreed budgets.
COMMUNICATION AND MEDIA STRATEGY
- Guide the work of the creative agencies to design compelling communication platforms and executions able to drive brand equity and consumers’ preference;
- Work closely with the internal media team and media agency to ensure an effective planning of media activities across touchpoints; -- Digital savvy with sounding knowledge on data and digital eco system;
- Manage promotional and sponsorship activity;
- Ensure the development and production of promotional materials according to marketing strategy and approved procedures;
- Ensure the quality of the point of sales material and drive evolution and innovation;
- Work with team members, Trade Marketing and Finance teams on evaluating the success of the specific promotions / sponsorship deals undertaken and specify the arrangement for any corrective action / future projects that may be required.
- Propose new formats and new packaging designs to drive incremental business opportunities and drive penetration;
- Supervise the implementation of the main projects while verifying that any stated guidelines are applied;
- Work together with Packaging deparment and cross-functional team to drive packaging innovation and renovation.
- Manage subordinates by setting goals and objectives and evaluating their achievement and planning their continuous development;
- Facilitate people development and retain key team members.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Who we are looking for:
- 10/15 years solid Brand Management experience in FMCG, ideally baby / kids or foods industry as preference;
- Understanding of China trade dynamics, offline and online;
- Commercial savviness and financial acumen;
- Excellent Presentations and Project management skills;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- Strong Influencing skills, able to negotiate cross-functionally at all levels;
- Ability to drive personal and team results, strong leadership skills.
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin speaking