Global Plastics Buyer
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our HQ in Luxembourg, we are looking for a Global Buyer of Plastics within Packaging Procurement team. The role has the objective of driving the activities of sourcing to contract and category strategy implementation. This consists of managing the relationships with suppliers and ensuring supply of the strategic materials with key focus on the Thermoforming sub-category.
- Responsible for the commercial relationship with Thermoforming suppliers;
- Drive RFQ and negotiations;
- Onboard suppliers and implement agreements;
- Contract lifecycle management;
- Management of databases, keeping prices updated;
- Creation of Info Record;
- Monitoring of stock level;
Procuement Strategy & Category Management
- Support the elaboration of the plastic category strategy and drive its implementation
- Support the development of the category budget
Scouting, Negotiation & Contract Management
- Analyses the relative market, identifying suppliers that are potentially suitable to Ferrero Group requirements.
- Ensures the application and compliance of contracts and master agreements.
- Propose LTC implementation in coherence with the Category Strategy and Group Policies.
Supplier Management & Risk Management
- Ensures the consolidation and improvement of relationships with existing suppliers, manages criticalities, and strengthen common objectives.
- Define the supplier’s monitoring performances framework of the Categories assigned, looking at the results, and updates the category strategy accordingly.
- Contributes to the risk profile evaluation for the Categories assigned, monitors, and reduces risk.
Who we are looking for:
- Master's degree in Economics, Engineering or similar
- At least 2-3 years of relevant procurement work experience in sourcing.
- Previous experience in Plastics and/or Resin knowledge is considered a plus.
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Analytical mindset – someone who is comfortable with numbers.
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Team player with positive business attitude
- Able to work well in stressful situations;
- Proficiency in MS office skills (particularly in Excel and PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of SAP;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge in other languages will be considered as a plus;
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.