Job Location: Alfreton
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As a General Operative, you'll be working at the heart of our factory operation helping to produce and package our much loved confectionary. You'll ensure that all products you are involved in crafting are of the highest quality. You will receive all the training you need to successfully support production in a variety of tasks and across various departments and production lines.
You will be working on our manufacturing and packaging production lines adhering to standards in key areas such as health & safety, food safety, cost, performance and environmental targets. You will be trained to use/operate machinery for production whilst ensuring excellent house keeping standards of hygiene.
- Following standard operating procedures, policies and ways of working.
- Completing key production tasks and compliance checks.
- Working collaboratively as part of a team to meet key production targets.
- Taking part in proactive problem solving activities and showing an active interest in looking for ways to improve the production operation.
- Identify quality issues, be the gate keeper for quality & food safety assurance and escalate to appropriate level as required.
This is a permanent position on an annualised hours' contract basis working a rotating shift pattern of Mornings (6am-2pm) and Afternoons (2pm-10pm). This pattern may change in future to include Nights (10pm-6am) in line with production requirements so a flexible approach is key.
Who we are looking for:
- A team player who uses initiative and has great communication skills with the ability to work well with others in order to provide help and support to seasonal colleagues who join the team at our busiest production times.
- A willingness and enthusiasm to learn new skills and develop.
- Multi-tasking abilities with a 'can do' attitude and who enjoys variety in a working day with the ability to maintain levels of focus for the repetitive aspects of the role.
- A flexible and adaptable mind set in order to respond effectively and efficiently to changing production requirements.
- Excellent time keeping.
- An eye for detail to spot any potential issues and the confidence to take the necessary actions to resolve and follow up or to escalate to the right person.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.