Food Safety and Quality Systems Specialist
Job Location: Somerset
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Food Safety & Quality System Specialist will support the creation and maintenance of the ISO 9001 quality and FSSC 22000 food safety systems for the Somerset, NJ facility. Responsibilities for this role include: maintaining the site’s Food Safety Plan, FSVP, HACCP, TACCP, packaging inspection, sanitation and pest control programs. In addition, this role includes: writing and maintaining work instructions, SOPs, registers/forms and conducting trainings as required by Ferrero’s internal guidelines and 3rd party certifications (ISO 9001/FSSC2200). Ensuring local forms properly reflect SAP quality checks and updating as needed. Organize and participate on internal and external monitoring/auditing, in order to assure the proper application of all quality and food safety guidelines and regulations.
- Assures preparation and maintenance of all the certifications related to food safety and quality: Standard Group Certifications (related to ISO9001 and FSSC22000), certifications required by clients (Costco, ethnic-religion, …) or local authorities - FDA (Food Safety Plan and Foreign Supplier Verification Program).
- Elaborates and updates HACCP/Food Safety Plan, through risk analysis method.
- Coordinates the food safety team.
- Monitors process indicators and assures central data collection related to quality, certifications, and management system.
- Prepare QA documentation for Management Review
- Guarantees internal audit planning and execution.
- Takes responsibility for training within food safety, GMPs, HACCP/HARPC, etc.
- Stay current with training in PCQI, HACCP, Food Defense, etc.
- Creates the quality manual and plant procedures, working instructions and manages plant quality and food safety documentation.
- Takes responsibility for traceability within the plant and lead mock recall/trace.
- Assist with sensory evaluation and training
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in food science or related science discipline
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in ISO 9001 and FSSC 2200 or related certifications, HACCP/Food Safety Plan, Food Defense, FSVP
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs including all product, packaging and samples. Walking and or standing up to 80% of a workday (6+ hrs) Manipulate products and packaging with hands/arms to retrieve samples
- SAP knowledge and experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SharePoint
- Strong, independent analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, willingness to learn
- Results-oriented, innovative thinker with a focus on continuous process improvement, process-driven
- Must be able to work in a team environment and manage conflicting priorities while meeting deadlines
- Understanding of FDA regulations and GMPs for a food facility
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.