Food Regulatory Counsel
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The role is part of the in-house Legal department under the Food Law and Food Regulatory Competence Center. The aim of the role is to ensure compliance with food laws and regulation at global level, providing support to:
- Definition of raw materials compliance specifications;
- Legal risk monitoring, assessment and management related to raw materials compliance
- Development and approval of product recipes by competent central functions;
- Innovation projects on raw materials.
REGULATORY KNOWLEDGE ACQUISITION
- Monitoring global/local food regulatory framework, constantly verifying the best sources available (Trade Associations, Law Firms, Consultancies, Websites, Online services, etc.)
- Collecting legal texts, articles, opinions, and other materials on relevant pieces of legislation and legal trends, and secure the knowledge retention within the food regulatory function
- Engaging external consultants to obtain opinions or guidance on specific food regulatory matters
- Supporting advocacy on food regulatory matters, follow-up on the ongoing drafts, support internal discussions and analysis, and help preparing and executing advocacy plans on food regulatory matters
- Supporting raw materials compliance by analyzing local legislation, identifying compliance parameters
- Supporting implementation of regulatory strategy as defined at Group level
- Supporting definition, update, management and improvement of internal voluntary raw material requirements
- Providing legal advices/interpretation on relevant food regulatory matters and issues
- Providing regulatory advice to Strategic R&D functions on innovations streams (plant-based, novel foods, etc.)
- Contributing to cross-functional working groups aimed to find alternative solutions, draft workflows and best practices to improve the internal way of working
- Supporting Food Law team for specific queries concerning raw materials regulatory parameters
- Designing, activating and presenting new regulatory analysis on raw materials and geographies of interest, according to the relevant technical departments’ needs
- Updating and circulating regulatory analysis, to support internal stakeholders in compliance assessment
- Creating and sharing materials aimed at spreading food regulatory compliance culture across the Group
- Supporting risk assessment and risk-mitigation solutions from a food regulatory perspective
- Enabling conscious business decisions on business strategies, based on clear food regulatory advices and recommendations
- Supporting suppliers’ administrative management (registration, invoicing activation, etc..)
- Ensuring information sharing with team manager for most relevant issues
- Supporting selection of outside Counsels/Regulatory Consultancies/Matter Experts
- Keeping diligent track of all costs incurred for external consultancies activated
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have:
- Law Degree. LLM and food regulatory education are preference criteria.
- At least 3-5 years of professional legal experience. Preference criteria are (i) proven experience with food legislation topics, (ii) involvement with regulatory matters related to plant-based ingredients, (iii) experience in legal departments of FMCG companies for categories of interest (choco-confectionary, biscuits, protein snacks, ice creams).
- Fluent English is a mandatory requirement; other languages will be considered a plus.
We look for a candidate eager to learn and to embrace a multicultural working environment; with high level of legal accuracy, a proactive and can-do approach, and ability to foster interpersonal relationships.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.