Financial Reporting Specialist
Job Location: Chicago
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
Due to this exciting growth, Ferrero is currently looking for a driven, self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
This position will be responsible for supporting the Financial information of one legal entity which covers 6 manufacturing plants including, but not limited to:
- Ensure integrity and validity of Financial statement information with proper accountability, cutoff and validity of information.
- Support external and internal Audit execution and completion.
- Support necessary changes with policies and procedures to support accounting methodologies and compliance objectives.
- Complete monthly and year end activities in a timely manner and within Company deadlines.
- Identify opportunities for simplification and automation in current financial processes and systems.
Who we are looking for:
- Accounting degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and experience in financial and/or management accounting
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and management reporting
- Experience with ERP (SAP preferably) and reporting systems
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the Company and have the necessary interpersonal skills to work effectively with different departments.
- Detail oriented, problem solver who can work in a fast-paced environment
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please note that all Ferrero employees are required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19. If you accept an offer of employment from Ferrero, you are expected to abide by Ferrero’s Commercial COVID-19 Vaccination Guidelines and General Procedures, a copy of which will be provided to you upon hire
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.