Job Location: Brussels
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As a Financial Accountant for our entities in Belgium and Netherlands, you will partner with the Finance administration & Tax Manager to manage the general accounting & tax activities. You ensure a correct General Ledger to monthly closings and lead the intercompany accounting reconciliation. You will optimize and document procedures, and financial controls following statutory and group policies. You will also take part to IFRS/IAS, and consolidation process.
General Accounting/Accounting Operations
- Formulate and administer accounting practices throughout the company to ensure accounting and operating reports accurately reflect the conditions of the business.
- Ensure accounting entries are in line with Belgian and Dutch Accounting Standards
- Supervise the maintenance of company general ledgers and perform reconciliations as required.
- Support of Intercompany reconciliations (4 entity/companies)
- Ensure correct and accurate accounting classification of all expenditures and documents.
- Process specific analysis & review of general ledger accounts
- Ensure integrity of the financial system as well as timely, accurate and meaningful reporting
- Handle all day to day operational issues within department
- Support AP/AR in managing audit and external relationships
- Support all functions for all business units that relate to Finance/Administration
- Calculate and prepare annual Income Tax return
- Calculate and prepare annual FBT return
- Ensure GST compliance with finance department
- Supervise compilation of BAS
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts reflect actual tax position
Who we are looking for:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (Commercial Engineering)
- CPA licensed is a plus
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience (Consultancy, Audit, Accounting A-Z)
- Good communication skills, ability to challenge and to properly collaborate with key partners
- Analytical mindset
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Fluency in English, French
- Dutch is a plus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.