Finance Controller (Southeast Asia cluster)
Job Location: Singapore
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The role is aimed to provide a strong support to the key stakeholders, by ensuring robust governance in all the processes and compliance to internal and external policies and rules, acting as a guardian of the business unit, as well as knowledgeable and insightful finance business partner, influencer and challenger to Southeast Asia (SEA) management team.
- Be a key member of the SEA cluster management team to support the business growth, improve efficiency, build synergy across FAP region HQ and the cluster
- Support the Area Finance team and Cluster Manager in the definition of the budget based on the mid-term plan, in line with the objectives defined and in respect of the functional criteria, methodologies and tools
- Ensure company process consistency and compliance in regions, standardize controlling models, in compliance with Ferrero internal control framework and group policies. Carry out risk assessments across all business processes, providing immediate alert of any potential or emerging risks
- Timely manage monthly financial performance review with high quality of deliverables, indicating risks and opportunities to match financial target. Initiate adjustment actions, investigate the causes across the assigned countries
- Build, analyze, report, and provide insights into the customer/channel profitability
- Independently perform regular detailed gap analysis of variances between given scenarios, giving insights to relevant stekeholders
- Analyze and suggest proposals for improvement of growth and profitability, work out models/simulations to support decision-making. Support the forecasting phase on economic/financial projections
- Provide support in the discussion of the budget with local units and in consolidation phase, assign the relevant functions the budgeting objectives
- Run all the monthly analysis on controlling team and relevant stakeholders in understanding of periodical reporting and discussions of gaps. Work out simulation to support decision making, identifying the KPIs and stimulating teams to achieve best results
- Collaborate and influence the business to positively achieve Discretionary Cash Flow (DCF) & Working Capital management objectives
- Manage monthly closures and SAP activities. Preform material ledger closing activities with the price variance to be accurately recorded system. Hold full responsibility of FI-COPA reconciliations and GFS Scorecard targets
- Manage weekly sales reporting and analysis, maintain price structure and standard cost of SKUs
- Ensure adequate level of accruals, manage PO approval and control, review open POs, coordinate with accounting team
- Provide effective team management with clear definition and alignment on activities planning
Who we are looking for:
- University degree, together with CPA/CA/CIMA/AICPA qualification or MBA in Finance required
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in FMCG companies
- Strong knowledge of performance monitoring and planning, budgeting, profit analysis and overheads management
- Solid analytical skills and learning ability
- Communication and negotiation skills, good interpersonal skills and team-working
- Ability to work under pressure and in changing environment
- Knowledge of SAP, Oracle / Essbase / Hyperion, MS-office Suite
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.