Job Location: Cork City, Ireland
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role: Project & Equipment Engineer
The primary purpose of this Equipment & Project Engineering role is to control functional failures and failed states that affect our value streams. The role is a member of maintenance/engineering team as the ‘Maintenance reference’ or link between maintenance, engineering and production.
This role also works closely with other key stakeholders such as Health & Safety, Quality, Environment, Finance, Ferrero Operational Excellence (FOX) and the global Ferrero professional family.
The core responsibilities of the Equipment & Project Engineering role are as follows:
Provide technical and process engineering support.
- Analyse the performance of the various value streams to identify and eliminate ‘bottlenecks’ and ‘bad actors’
- Facilitate effective Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) of failed states. Once root cause/s have been identified, implement actions to prevent reoccurrence of problems
- Lead troubleshooting teams from various disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, software and IT
- Support efficient and effective Spare Parts Management
- Perform analysis of data collection systems, such as Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Power Bi, SAP etc. Then provide subject matter expertise to maximize equipment uptime, reliability, and cost
- Ensure all relevant maintenance documentation is archived, up to date and readily available.
Ensure the preventative maintenance (PM) program is efficient and effective
- Work with relevant stakeholders to plan value added maintenance activities and scheduled production windows
- Support initiatives to enhance existing PM activities and tasks
- Review spare parts consumption
- Perform regular analysis/report on, the efficiency and effectiveness of the PM program
- Support the autonomous maintenance program of cleaning, lubrication and inspection in operations (CIL).
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical) or relevant experience
- Typically, 2 – 5 years’ experience in a GMP environment with direct packaging related experience advantageous
- Strong organisational skills with acute attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Good leadership skills with the ability to actively lead and/or participate in problem solving workshops
- Capable of creating good working relationships with people from all levels across the organisation; working with honesty and integrity
- An ability to work independently as well as a member of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with experience in demonstrating initiative and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts
- Strong ability to lead, challenge and positively influence in an interactive team environment
- Strong computer skills – working knowledge of SAP, AutoCAD a distinct advantage.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.