Electrical and Automation Engineer
Job Location: Bloomington
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This person is responsible for all aspects related to the shift maintenance of Electricity and Automation according to corporate and local strategies, standards, specifications and local codes and regulations. This will include but not limited to the following:
- Maintain optimum electrical and process control equipment facilities to meet the established objectives of the business
- Ensure reliability of electrical, process control and MES hardware and software operation
- Maintain electrical/process control hardware & software to maintain plant at high level of efficiency, safety, quality, etc.
- Maintain liaisons with other departments, disciplines and facilities to provide necessary support and maintenance for optimal factory operations
- Provide technical direction, training and capability building of Electrical and Control Technicians
- Comply with all safety and environmental regulations (Internal & External) and applicable standards
The Factory E&A Engineer maintains the existing electrical infrastructure and automation applications. This means mastering the solution in place to be able to:
- Provide automation, MES and factory support on assigned shift, including development of E&C Technicians’ capabilities
- Ensure alignment of the process with the final customers in production
- Conduct preventive maintenance on power distribution, automation and MES
- Record all electrical power distribution and automation modifications and update the appropriate drawings as per factory specifications
- Ensure process instruments are properly calibrated and functional
- Perform troubleshooting in case of problems and ensure the PLC, HMI and MES applications are properly maintained
- Maintain industrial applications and hardware in the automation layer
- Strictly adhere to PLC and HMI change management policy/procedures
- Maintain the reliability and the performance of the FAS IT infrastructure and peer to peer networks
- Closely coordinate with other functions, such as quality, safety, operations and production, with special emphasis on QMS, HAACP and calibration
- In line with NCE, actively participate in DOR/WOR/MOR, GSTD and DMAIC activities
Who we are looking for:
Requirements and Minimal Education:
- Associate degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent, preferably Electrical and/or Automation Engineering/Technology
- 2-3 years’ experience
- In-depth knowledge of electricity including low voltage and medium voltage installations
- Good knowledge of electrical safety
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.