eCommerce Direct-To-Consumer Manager
Job Location: Chicago
About the Company:
Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc. a leading premium American chocolate brand and retail chain now part of Ferrero family, is seeking qualified candidates for the eCommerce DTC Manager at its Chicago office. Home of leading brands like Rocher, Nutella, Kinder Surprise, Tic Tac, Butterfinger, Crunch, and Baby Ruth, Ferrero is the world’s third largest confectionery company and a major player within the CPG space.
About the Role:
The eCommerce DTC Manager will be part of an exciting transformative eCommerce team within Ferrero USA. We are looking for an autonomous and motivated digital commerce professional with a results-oriented approach to help us launch a new Direct-to-Consumer business for the Ferrero brands.
Under the leadership of the eCommerce Director, this role is responsible for the overall owned DTC strategy and end-to-end business management, including DTC marketing / UX and digital commerce operations, with a focus on defining, creating and evolving the consumer experience and drive the expected sales projections as it related to the DTC offering.
- Leads coordination with IT and Finance on the implementation of the appropriate technical systems (e.g. online order and invoice system) that meets the business objectives.
- Collaborates with supply chain team on the development of the distribution network that will enable the new DTC business.
- Collaborate with Marketing / Brand teams on DTC range and pack types, product category objectives, and supporting the development of the portfolio strategy, plans and budget to achieve goals.
- Manage of all vendor and agency relationships necessary to execute a best in class DTC digital shopping experience including the evaluation, selection and monitoring of those relationships.
- Coordinate with sales account team and owned-retail management for a seamless omnichannel experience for Fannie May and other Ferrero Brands.
- Manage ongoing everyday product updates, seasonal and new product launches including content, product images, item data uploads and merchandising.
- Manage the P&L associated with the DTC business, including budget planning and pacing as well as optimizations. Analyze and track growth forecasts to ensure we achieve plan and recommending course correction, if off target. Report out on performance providing key insights and actions to cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Measure digital performance using Web Analytics and other relevant tools and improve customer experience based on findings.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends within online shopping space.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business or related field (master’s degree a plus)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in eCommerce and/or Digital Marketing environment; CPG experience a plus
- Strong understanding of both the digital marketing and UX functionality of an e-commerce site and the supporting operational elements such as transaction flow, inventory, shipping, returns, customer service, etc.
- A strong analytical background to support a test and learn approach while continually evolving and optimizing our DTC business
- A track record of successfully collaborating with other functional areas (marketing, IT, supply chain, finance, etc.) is required
- Partner with IT to ensure optimal site performance, develop new initiatives and drive online excellence
- Must be detail oriented with a bias towards action (self- starter) and comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently with limited supervision
- Must possess strong communication skills