District Operations Manager, Ontario (1 year maternity leave contract)
Job Location: North York/Toronto
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Diversity & Inclusion
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for leading the south west Ontario retail sales representatives at store level. Primary focus is achieving brand/sales objectives, ensure distribution, freshness, pricing, display and shelving KPIs are achieved. The objective will be achieved by providing guidance and strategy on the Ferrero Perfect Store Model. 60% of time allocated to working in the field with Sales Reps and tracking performance against objectives.
Responsible on effective store coverage both frequency and duration. Review evaluate and report on route coverage plans to improve efficiency and effectiveness of your team in the field. Make recommendations as to the effectiveness of Head Office promotions. Gather retail and competitive intelligence. Establish and maintain business relationships with key retail contacts including customer DMs and key store managers
The position has significant channel and retail complexity along with extensive regional travel so the ability to stay organized and prioritize is essential.
This position is located in Toronto, Ontario in a home office. Travel is required approximately 60% of the time.
• Develop presentations and communicate to customers the promotion plan in order to achieve objectives and increase business
• Successful follow through of all promotional activities right through the executional stage, ensuring that forecasts are successfully delivered and activities that trade spend dollars were allocated for were achieved
Forecast and Budget
• Establish and propose volume expectations for prescribed period; develop and propose budget in order to achieve business results
• Continuously ensuring that forecasts are accurate and are being achieved
• Finding solutions to rectify forecast shortfalls thus ensuring the original planned numbers are delivered
• Continuously ensuring that all trade spends in SAP are accurate and that the funds are being used as they were allocated
• Ensuring unused funds are being reallocated back into the business with the goal of gaining incremental activities to help achieve desired results
• Following through all trade spends in SAP until they have been successfully closed off
• Initiate contact with potential new customers in order to grow business
• Continuously looking for ways to improve processes, change thinking, create new strategies with the end goal of improving the business – both sales and dollars
• Develop and communicate sales initiatives to Sales Reps and Wholesalers in order to achieve business results
• Establish strong working relationships with Customer DM’s and Wholesaler Sales Managers in an effort to gain support, and improvement, on retail execution
• Find creative solutions and programs to drive excitement and gain buy in from internal Sales Reps and Wholesaler Sales Reps
• Continuously working to find creative solutions, and gain buy in, that would put our brands in optimum selling positions at store level
Communication Flow Management
• Facilitate and coordinate communication flow between company and market in order to assure the business continuity on daily basis
• Execute Ferrero freshness policy with specific accounts and maintain budgets
Head Quarter Strategy and Organization
• Recommend the retail strategy and coverage strategy for specific accounts
• Develop strategic relationship with specific customers
• Nurture all business partnerships with the desired outcome of developing a true business partnership instead of just a customer / vendor relationship
• Recommends in conjunction with retail operations appropriate retail coverage strategies for specific impulse customers
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business or related field of study
- 4 to 7 years experience working within the CPG/FMCG industry, in a customer-facing sales role
- Extensive knowledge of retail and wholesale merchandising and logistics best practice.
- Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community (suppliers, customers, associations, brokers).
- Skill in negotiating and managing contractual arrangements.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Skill in fostering a cooperative work environment.
- Skill in planning, organizing, and implementing a range of sales promotion programs and/or events.
- Skill in coordinating and organizing effective meetings.
- Skill in time management and prioritization of tasks
- Knowledge of Ferrero Group freshness objectives/best practices.
- Experience with category management and trade marketing
- Experience with managing and delivering on forecasts
- Experience with managing and delivering on trade spend budgets
- Computer, negotiations, presentation and financial skills
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel
- Promotion planning and merchandising ability
- Knowledge of Canadian retail and distribution network.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.