Director, Market Insights & Analytics
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Director of Business Intelligence is responsible for leading the team, vendor, and processes for developing and delivering monthly cross category reporting of volume, sales and share by channel and for analysis of the performance drivers based on syndicated (IRI) data. The function is responsible for the data management, executive reporting, category insights, and strategic insights for the Spreads, Mints, Premium Chocolate, and Mainstream chocolate categories. In addition, the Director of BI also leads the delivery of advanced analytic solutions in marketing mix measurement, price elasticity measurement, brand switching, source of volume, and market structure. The role requires expert skills in data management and analytics combined with a sound understanding of omnichannel commercial practices. The position will be based in our US Headquarters in Parsippany, NJ, and reports to the VP of Consumer and Shopper Understanding.
• Responsible for leading the reporting of quad week and consumer panel results, seasonal analyses, innovation tracking, and performance drivers.
• Ability to mentor, coach & develop a high-performance team toward driving the insights agenda to meet business objectives.
• Collaborates effectively across functions to ensure “One version of the truth” across the organization
• Owner of local agency partners (IRI, Nielsen etc) relationship and management of contract delivery
• Responsible for data integrity and harmonization with global hierarchy
• Delivers strategic insights with respect to measurement of media and trade spend effectiveness, flavor management, and consumer and shopper trends
• Leads category reviews, brand team dives, competitive performance reviews, and situation assessments in advance of business planning. Performs explorations of adjacent categories to support innovation.
• Provides & promotes tools & training to continuously upgrade the analytical capability of the organization.
• Leads review and implementation of technological innovation in Business Intelligence (Power BI, AI)
Who we are looking for:
• Minimum 10+ years relevant experience required in leading analysis of syndicated data in CPG.
• At least 5 years of experience leading a data & insights team to deliver business value
• Bachelor’s degree in a business/marketing discipline required; MBA preferred
• Experience at Nielsen or IRI with manufacturing side experience a plus
• Advanced technical proficiency in IRI/Nielsen database tools and excel
• Excellent analytical skills—ability to build a story with data integrating multiple sources of data
• Compelling written, oral and presentation skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders and impact business actions through influence
• Highly collaborative and effective in working within a matrix organization
• Budget management
• Trade and industry knowledge
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.