Director, Chocolate Production
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy® along with American icons Butterfinger®, Crunch®, and Baby Ruth® .
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
From Sept. 2021 to March 2023, the main goal of the position will be to act as the local reference point and stakeholder for the project phase of the chocolate factory. The key task will be to support the project team to adopt the best solutions (layout, hardware, software etc.) from an operative point of view. After completing the project phase, the new UGP manager will be in charge of leading and optimizing the new area, in particular to direct and manage the day-to-day efforts of the production employees in the specific production area to ensure that production goals are met and quality products are being produced efficiently and cost effectively.
• Enforce and promote all company guidelines, policies and good manufacturing practices pertaining to all facets of the business, not limited to and including food safety and health & safety.
• Production Budget: prepares the production budget for the UGP unit with the support of LPP (cycle, waste and efficiencies), including training of new people and new tools.
• Ensure that the finished product is manufactured in accordance with quality standards and by the projected timelines.
• Manage schedules and assignment of work activities, based on priority, equipment and skill of personnel to accomplish tasks.
• Strive for continuous improvement by increasing productivity and reducing waste.
• Confer with senior management, engineering, quality assurance, purchasing and other departments, in order to resolve issues, and identify and review needs.
• Coordinates all activities related to the implementation of new projects (new lines/formats/processes, etc) in his/her area of responsibility.
• Manage qualified personnel to ensure optimal production on production lines.
• Guarantee appropriate relationship with the Unions and coach the area management (Supervisors, AG…) on the principle of Unions’ relationship, based on the level of interactions.
• Cooperate with ISEE manager to develop project and activities aimed at improving environmental aspects.
Who we are looking for:
• Applicants must have a Bachelors degree with minimum 8 years of experience in manufacturing management.
o Raw materials, production processes, technological aspects, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods
o Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
o Principles and procedures for personnel selection, training & development, labor relations and conflict resolution.
• Additional requirements:
o Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people in a proactive and positive manner, identifying the best people for the job.
o Time Management of one's own time and the time of their staff.
o Strong communication skills in a multi-cultural environment.
o Ability to Monitor/Assess performance of individuals, or process to make improvements or take corrective action.
o Ability to coach, mentor, teach, and guide employees, demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills; knowledge of CBAs and appropriate management of Unions’ relationship
o Technical knowledge – understand the basics of functioning of the equipment in their area of responsibility
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.